Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDC Skimmer for Flex Radios

2»

Comments

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭

It can run on any Slice or Slice(s) that are available. Per the instructions, configure DAX1, DAX 2, etc and then set up Skimmer 1, Skimmer 2 etc with matching configuration in SDR-Bridge. As soon as your selected Slice or Slices start so will the associated Skimmer(s).

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭

It can be on any slice. Just have to make sure the IQ stream setting in the slice and in SDRBridge match up.

Bob, WK2Y

• Patrick W9PDS
    Patrick W9PDS Member ✭✭

Hi Erik,

I just discovered this thread and would very much like to try SDC Skimmer out. The PDF you created says it is now deleted from dropbox. Can you kindly re-upload it for us?

Thanks a lot. W9PDS

• Erik Carling EI4KF

Hello Patrick. Yes I will. It was deleted because the SDC author objected to SDC for Flex being used without any donation being made and ceased issuing reg codes that are necessary for the software to work with our radios.

However, things have changed. Reg codes will be issued after a donation is made. This can be of any amount, preferably $10 but he says "any amount" - though I would be sensible and not send him $1! SDC Skimmer has been updated for better results with Flex radios. Also, in response to requests, running text has now been added to the Skimmer similar to CW Skimmer.

I will amend the instruction document as soon as I have the time and upload it again. I will post here when it is ready.

Erik.

• Patrick W9PDS
    Patrick W9PDS Member ✭✭

Excellent Erik Thanks! I donated $10 USD to him this morning. I cant wait to try it out. 73.

• W2JV_
    W2JV_ Member ✭✭

Erik,

I just registered. In Setup Skimmer 1, under Control type, the dropdown only includes Audio +TCI and TCI only, it does not show Audio + telnet, thank you for your support.

Peter

W2JV

• Erik Carling EI4KF

These are the selections available. Check that you have moved down the list to see below the two you mention.

Erik.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.