Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDC Skimmer for Flex Radios

Options

Comments

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

Hi Sergey. See my pre-contest message and that the profile is downloadable from

https://www.lw-sdc.com/?page_id=454

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Eric, it is not clear to me. I downloaded Contest profiles a while ago. Do I need to do it regularly and manually? It is not part of the SW package?

Thanks

Here is ver 17.15.15

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

It is a one time deal (except for updates). There is a lot of information in every profile such as every known stations' region/State, rules that are sometimes complex, etc., that takes time to compile for Yuri. There are a huge number of contests in a calendar year and he is releasing profiles for each month. Next year we will already have them. But for this year this is why I gave advanced notice on 17 September. I am sorry it was not clear in my message.

Erik.

• Martin_G4ENZ
    Martin_G4ENZ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Sergey,

SDC comes with a limited number of contests when first installed. To add a contest go to Yuri's website at http://www.lw-sdc.com/?page_id=454 and pull down a contest definition file. These definition files are being added to as we progress through the year. If there's a contest you want and it's not there - just ask. They're fairly quick to create for most contests.

Yuri did a video on loading contest profiles here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=remcBd-SGug&t=1s

73 Martin

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

And you then click DX next to CQ WW RTTY

Dave wo2x

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

But as Sergey is KN7K, he would be better off clicking 'N.A.' next to CQ WW RTTY. I hope it is understood that profiles often have mutiple versions, depending on the users' locations.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Thanks for clarification!

Dave wo2x

• Jens DL7AUO
    Jens DL7AUO Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Is it correct that I need a new license key to use the contest Mode?

Jens

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

After registration, you will have the following opportunities: - You can use SKM Server together with SDR radios that do not support TCI interface. - You will get the opportunity to connect through the TCI, SmartSDR-API protocols - Access to the Contest module will be open. Support the project on the SDC website with any amount available to you. In the payment note, be sure to include your callsign and e-mail address to which you will receive the registration key!

If you can already enable Contest via Setup tab then you must have donated and registered. If not, please use the instructions above. Yuri UT4LW, SDC author, will respond.

• Jens DL7AUO
    Jens DL7AUO Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Erik,

I have already a key and using the product since 1 year connecting with my Flex 6700 using the Flex API, but I am not able to get a Contest window open…

I was told I might be missing a new key…

Jens

• Jens DL7AUO
    Jens DL7AUO Member ✭✭
    Options

Update:

Confirmed by Yuri and updated key provided to me. Since 17.06 one needs to have new key.

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

This video shows the SDC Contest operation of ED8M in SO2R Dueling CQ mode

RIG: Flex-6600, Power Genius XL, 2xSteppir

• rah50
    rah50 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi:

New user here, I just installed SDC strictly for the Auto AGC-T function to use with FT8. It seems to work, I'm getting movement, although I'm getting higher AGC-T levels than I thought it would produce.

And of bigger concern is that changing bands in one slice effects the levels produced in a second slice.

Additionally, I have no idea what level to set the threshold at, although I see higher numbers reduces the produced level significantly. Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Bob WA8PAM
  • Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

Hi Bob,

The calculation of the AGC-T regulator position is not intended to be accurate. Yuri will, when he has time, try to check it all with a SpectraLab meter. But the automaton serves for not having to make manual adjustments.

I did a manual calculation in a "normal noise" situation, no solar/weather related/man made influences, and set the S/N (dB) number to get a near match (10dB in my case) and I do get a slightly higher number with SDC. It will then self adjust for environment and band changes. That figure will be different for each user and the calculation is based on the IQ stream data and position of the antenna gain switch. This allows a more correct determination of the ambient noise level.

Changing bands on a slice does not affect levels on a second slice, as checked here and by Yuri. So I cannot explain why you see something else. I have a 6400 so could only make the active slice A or B but any combination of band changes on one retained the level integrity on the other.

You are welcome to email Yuri for further discussion or clarification. I am merely a messenger and not an expert.

• rah50
    rah50 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Eric, I'll send Yuri a note. But I definitley see some movement when changing to certain bands. For example, when Slice A is on 10 meters and B on 12 meters, both levels are around 52. Then when I switch Slice A to 30 meters, Slice B levels moves up into the 60's, a ten to 12 point increase just because I switched bands in the other slice.

Please confirm though that you don't see anything missing in my setup,

Thanks,

Bob WA8PAM
  • Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

Nothing is missing Bob. Send Yuri an email. A video of the A panel in SSDR showing the A AGC-T slider moving up when you change bands in Slice B would help him. Let me know what he tells you if possible. A private email to EI4KF (qrz.com) would be good as I am interested to know!

Erik

• rah50
    rah50 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Video is a good idea!
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I always struggled to work a DXPedition on CW.

Now, I feel guilty for a bit, but working E6AM (again on CW) is fun.

It is always cool when that 599 pops up and you move the transmitter right there and he gets you on the next call. :)

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

Video demonstration of what can be daunting for some, QTC exchange. Made quite simple by SDC.

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    edited December 2023
    Options

SDC Audio Scope and SWR Graph functions are now available for Flex users. See demonstration video

https://www.lw-sdc.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/SDC_17.2101x64_setup.zip

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

There was a discussion a while back about SDC not being Multiflex aware.

See https://www.lw-sdc.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/mf-mode.png

version 17.2105

I have not tested but knowing Yuri, it will work FB.

Erik.

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello Eric,

I installed SDC to use with my Flexradio 6400M. But I am getting the message when trying to connect, WAIT IQ Channel. I have no idea what it is even asking for. I have used the correct IP Address, and set things up according to the instructions. But evidently I am missing something because it's not working. Any Advice? I typed in under search wait IQ Channel and nothing shows up.

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Eric,

I finally got it to work. I needed to put SDC in DAX plus SmartSDR. Yuri's Video on Youtube, mentioned nothing about that. Mark KB3Z

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    Options

For some reason my screen decodes do not look like what you guys are showing here. I adjust the contrast, and it really doesn't make much of a change. I get better results from CW Skimmer when it comes to decodes.

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

There is an updated video showing the first setup steps for direct connect SDC-Skimmer

• Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
    Options

I have a couple of issues that I would like to solve before this weekend's NAQP-CW.

I'm trying to incorporate the CW skimmer into Contest mode when running. In other words, instead of typing the callsign of the caller manually, I would like to click on the callsign in the CW decoder and have it populate the callsign field in the New QSO 1 panel. Is this possible?

Also, I can't get the focus to return to the New QSO 1 panel. I have "other" in the SSDR Focus Helper box checked and "New QSO 1" entered but that doesn't have any effect.

Thanks!

Rick N0VT

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

If you click on a callsign in the CW decoder, it will go to the New QSO panel. That callsign will have been transferred to New QSO anyway, as soon as your VFO marker is on the call in the panorama or if you click on it in Spot List.

When you click or tune to a callsign on the panorama, or use Spot List, the focus returns to the New QSO panel. However if you click on a call in the decoder that is not on the panorama it will not. Most likely such a call is a caller rather than a workable run station.

• Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
    edited January 10
    Options

Thanks Erik, but I'm still not seeing focus returning to New QSO 1, even when clicking on the callsign in the panadapter or the SpotList. As I type this, the CWT is going on and there are plenty of signals to work with.

I don't know if it matters, but I have "Focus Helper" in SSDR set to OTHER with "New QSO 1" in the box. But I don't know how to tell if Focus Helper and SDC are communicating.

I'm using version 17.21 with the NAQP-CW 10.1.24 profile.

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

I do not know why that is. I have tried to find some configuration setting which leads to that error but cannot - click on a Spot List call and focus goes to the New QSO window.

• Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
    edited January 10
    Options

I just discovered something that may or may not be significant, but clicking on the spot in the panadapter populates the New QSO 1 window and gives it focus. Clicking on the callsign in the SpotList1 window populates the New QSO 1 window but does NOT give it focus.

I also experimented with several CW contest profiles and had the same results.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.