Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDC Skimmer for Flex Radios

15678911»

Comments

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭

Message from Yuri. I cannot find the user's question to which Yuri refers but hopefully they will see the answer here:

"Hi, Erik

I saw the correspondence in Flex-Community

If the user wants to see the call signs inside Pile-UP, you need to check the box:

Yuri UT4LW"

• Erik Carling EI4KF

SDC Version 17.31 has been released

https://www.lw-sdc.com/?page_id=83

Only anything that needs further explanation has been added to the manual here

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xmcy912f0p5250nizz5oc/SDC-SKIMMER-WITH-FLEX-RADIO.pdf?rlkey=5yk7mt9tgbg3824f7dguycxgq&st=5kkcw06a&dl=0

But everything is covered by Yuri's own manual here

https://www.lw-sdc.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/09/SDCen.pdf

• I just tried loading the app and when I go to run it gives me a a message that VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. I tried a few times to reinstall the program but no luck same message. Any ideas?

• Erik Carling EI4KF

Assuming your OS is Windows 10 or 11: As a start, either install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable or, if already installed, repair it from control Panel. The dll you refer to is part is this package.

If this does not help, you may need to (re)register that dll.

• Thank you for the information.

John N2XD

• kpaine
    kpaine Member ✭✭
    Good Morning. I am having an issue where the SDC skimmer is off frequency by about 2K. If I click on a callsign in SDC it takes me to the wrong frequency, and as I am tuning the radio the skimmer follows along but in the wrong place.

I am running a Flex 6400, SDC is using Smart SDR API client. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks 73 DE WB5SKM
  • Erik Carling EI4KF

Need more information.

What is mode: RTTY or CW or both? If RTTY, do you have SSDR in RTTY mode?

Is the Skimmer sample rate the same as SSDR (if not set both to 96000)?

• kpaine
    kpaine Member ✭✭

I am running Smart SDR on Windows 11. SDR is in RTTY mode. I am running Flex 6400 IQ Sample rate of 96000

I have not tested to see if this is happening in CW mode.

I am attaching some screenshots for better information

Thanks

Ken

WB5SKM

• kpaine
    kpaine Member ✭✭

I just checked the CW skimmer, and it is doing the same thing.

Thanks,

Ken

WB5SKM

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭

You might try the latest test version (. 3109)

My skimmer is spot on. no issues.

Rich

• kpaine
    kpaine Member ✭✭

Thanks Rich, you win the prize. Latest version and a reboot have corrected the problem..Honestly did both at the same time so I am not sure which one corrected the issue.

Thanks 73

Ken

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭

Glad to hear it. There have been a few issues recently which Yuri has quickly resolved. This "test versions" are always pretty safe so I always run those.

• Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

I had a ball using SDC with my 6600 in the CQWWDXRTTY over the weekend. The skimmer shows me stations I can hear (unlike telnet clusters) along with the ability to filter out non-mults and low point callsigns. I spent hours scrolling up and down the spotlist bandhopping and working 3 point mults exclusively. It was like "ducks on the pond". Every contact was S & P and there were no dead times! Yuri's software and Rich's Flex Connectivity Guide made working the contest a breeze, and Yuri's contest profile was spot on. It's too bad I wasn't able to devote more time this weekend. If you've hesitated to use SDC because it's a "work in progress", wait no longer.

This score may not impress you, but it was huge for me.

Class: SO(A)AB HP
    QTH: MO
    Operating Time (hrs): 9.75

Summary:   Compare Scores

Band

QSOs

State/Prov

DX

Zones

80:

40:

20:

15:

10:

Total:

Total Score

• UT4LW
    UT4LW Member ✭✭

Hi!

Ken, your error is that you have selected the wrong audio device. For the skimmer you need an IQ stream, for example, DEFAULT: DAX IQ RX 1 (FlexRadio…)

Select the "SmartSDR API" control type. This will simplify control and avoid the problems of transmitting the IQ stream through audio channels.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.