Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No upgrade, no downgrade

Hi all

Using Flex 6500 , and Win10.

I was using v2.6.something and wanted tio upgrade to V 2.7.6. It did not work, in the sense that the waterfall shows nothing. I tried to downgrade, and this did not work either.

as a test, I wwas monitoring FT8 : the decode works, abut again, no waterfall at all.

Where should I look ?

Tnaks + 73

Paul F6EXV

Comments

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭

Trying to be smart, I uninstalled SmartSDR, made sure the .net was up-to-date, reinstalled SmartSDR (version 2.7.6, manually uninstalled and reinstalled SmartSDR CAT, reboot the computer, crossed my fingers... and... and... and... still no waterfall !

I am desperate.

Can someone help ??

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Paul, have you tried a factory reset? If not, export your profiles, reset, then re-import.

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭

I read I should file a help ticket before doing the factory reset.

I still van use the radio while waiting for the answer.

Thanks + 73

Paul

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Hi Paul

A lot of times no waterfall is caused by a Network issue

Did you do a HARD reset of the radio?

If you export your profiles DO NOT export the "Preferences" because a lot of problems that flair up resides in the "Preferences" part of the Export/Import.

if all else fails then YES do a help desk ticket.

• Jon_EA2W
    Jon_EA2W Member ✭✭

Hi Paul!

I hope you are well. I think you have paused the waterfall, try clicking on top of "LIVE" just on the right upper part of the waterfall.

73! Jon EA2W

• Ted S
    Ted S Member ✭✭

Your description of No Waterfall is not very specific, the following thread discusses the solution for a Windows bug that causes this problem, but it is not related to the version of SSDR it is a Windows GPU driver issue.

Ted, WR4T

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I think you have a waterfall, but your display settings may be wrong.

Under Black - make sure Auto is selected.

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭

Problem solved, it was a disoplay settings issue.

Thanks to the Help desk for prompt and efficient reply.

Paul F6EXV

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.