Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FRStack Version 3.1.3.7 Released - Stream Deck support

Comments

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Mark, another request, can you add SteppIR functionality to your Stream Deck interface?
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Mark, what font do you use creating your buttons, I'm making some up and want it to conform with what you got done. I got the blank button from your github page. My new desktop doesn't have Photoshop in it yet, so I'm using the Elgato online tool.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Excellent!
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hi Mark,
    Some new ideas and suggestions:

- The Help has an typo in the Active Slice Commands description
    http://localhost:13522/api/AciveSlice/{cmd}?param={val} (must be ActiveSlice)

- Add a function to ActiveSlice/STEP to have the step cycling between the defined range, this can save 1 button.
    - Same as above but for ActiveSlice/FILTER

73, Max 

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I will change the standard action for UP and DOWN to loop around for ActiveSlice FILTER and STEP in the next build.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I use Calibri 14 pt Bold
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    The ability to move the TX Bandwidth Low and High or set a value range in the next build.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I will be adding ActiveSlice SWAP feature with NEXT which will swap active slice with next one OR set a slice number to swap with; So 0 that would swap active slice with slice 0, if you are on slice 0 then nothing happens. This will be in the next build. 
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I am not a SteppIR owner so do you have a lead on where I could get the protocol?
    If so email it to me at the FRStack Help menu support contact. Thanks.

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    You get it! Check your e-mail. Let me know if what I sent helps.
  • RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I'm trying to get some assistance with Setting a 40 Meter Global Profile on the Profile tab.  It is a...

Custom:  Rest Call
    URL:  http://localhost:13522/api/Radio/globalprofile
    ClickParam:  param=40M

I do have a 40M profile but when I push the button I get no response.  Would someone please point me in the right direction...thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,
    Ronald/W4RJF
  • Jim Brown, K5JAZ
    Jim Brown, K5JAZ Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Ron, your command looks correct. Be sure that the string after the param= is exactly the name of your profile. That is the only thing I can see that may be wrong. Also, be sure the profile loads correctly from SSDR. Given no typos in your commands, it should just work.
  • RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hey Jim...thanks so much for the assistance...I made sure it was named correctly...that was my issue...working great...thanks again...

Regards,
    Ronald
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Ron I ran into some issues with profiles too, so what I found that I had names of profiles that did not work when called from Stream Deck. Using your 40M profile as example, what I did using the Profile Manager in SmartSDR I made a copy of 40M by loading 40M up and giving it a name like 40m 2. Then I would delete 40M and then load 40m 2 and save it as 40m, then delete 40m 2. Then Stream Deck was able to call 40m profile. It must have something to do with the fact the my profiles were made many SmartSDR versions ago, I know there is some case characters Profile Manager doesn't like. Renaming all my profiles I am able to access all my Global, Mic and TX profiles from Stream Deck see below:

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Mike...

Ronald
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I found that profile names could not have any spaces in the names.  I renamed my profiles and they are working fine from both Stream Deck and Touch Portal.
  • Kevin N9JKP
    Kevin N9JKP Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Based on this posting, I bought the 32 key version.  It sets up well and I have added a few key functions along with the one within FRStack.  I really need to find time to fully understand and exploit.
    So big thanks to you Mark, and I am hopeful it will continue to evolve.
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Perfect, just what I wanted to hear.
    Just purchased an SPE 2KFA.

Mark I have been running DDUTil with a Genovation keypad, love it.
    Do you think I should be able to run DDUTil and the Genovation along with FRStack and the Stream Deck without issue?

I honestly did not know about the Stream Deck until this past weekend at SMCFEST in Bloomington IL.  WT2P gave a program about his remote setup where he had mentioned this cool new Stream Deck tool he's using.  I learned something new, now I want one!

Clay N9IO
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Hi Clay,

I have both the Genovation and Stream Deck working side by side. 

DDUtil offers its own CAT commands which I have some of them implemented.

Dave wo2x
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Dave. I see what my next purchase is going to be. These devices are both very worth the effort. Great with both Maestro and SSDR.
  • G4IUA
    G4IUA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020

I’ve just taken delivery of my Stream Deck and spent the evening playing around with it, making several errors in the process.  It’s a learning curve and I suspect I’ll have further questions as issues arise. Great toy and once I've finally cracked it I'm sure it will become even more useful.

Just a question for now:  I want to select just the MIC and BAL inputs (not LINE or ACC, which I don’t use).  How do I explicitly select these?

Jeff – G4IUA

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hi Jeff,
    That function doesn't seem to be implemented. I'm sure Mark will look at it.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I change those using MIC Profiles:
    GET URL: http://localhost:13522/api/Radio/MICPROFILE
    ClickParam: param=PR-40 Rag

where my MIC Profile PR-40 Rag is using the balance input
  • G4IUA
    G4IUA Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Mike.  This is beyond my present very limited understanding!  Would you please tell me how you set up your MIC profile.  Even if this selects the balanced input (BAL) how do you set it up so it selects the MIC (unbalanced) input?
    I'm sure it's very obvious once you know but I'm still in the very early learning stage!
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Ok, I'll give it go. First setup your microphone setting that you want saved such as BAL or MIC, the level, processing etc. Then in SmartSDR at the top left select Profiles, then Create Profile. The Profile Manager window opens up that shows Global, Transmit and Microphone tabs. A box underneath says "New Profile Name". Simply type in the name you want for your profile, keep it short and simple text. Then hit Create button. That's it. Your new Microphone profile is created, and that is what you enter into the param setting in the Stream Deck GUI as noted above.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited August 2019
    Hi Jeff

Now might be a good time to grab the V3 Software users guide an look in the manual.  Check out section 16.1 - Mic Profiles and let me know if the helps you some to figure out Mic profiles.  

Mike gave you the highlights to get started though.  :)

Mike
  • G4IUA
    G4IUA Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Works brilliantly - thanks for the pointers, which I needed just to get started.  I returned the 15 button version and replaced it with the 32 button one.  Next is to customise the programming, based of course on Mark's original config.

Jeff
  • G4IUA
    G4IUA Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    A follow on question: if I want to select something in the sequence DIGU, then BAND and to have a preset FT8 frequency for the band selected (eg 14.074MHz).  How do I achieve that?
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    You will need to create Global Profile by just setting up what you want DIGU, 20m and the Frequency be sure DAX is on, the create the profile, I called it "FT8 20m". Took me under 30 seconds to setup. I have a bunch of Global, Mic and TX profiles setup (see previous post), so in Stream Deck all I did was copy a previous global profile and pasted into an empty box in my Global Profile folder, then changed the param to "FT8 20m".
    DONE

• G4IUA
    G4IUA Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks again Mike.  I'm gradually getting the hang of this and discovering new ways to customise and populate the panel.  As you say it takes no time once the basic commands are understood.  Still some trial and error but it's fun.

Jeff - G4IUA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.