Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FRStack Version 3.1.3.7 Released - Stream Deck support

Comments

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Make sure that Radio is on, FRStack running, Stream Deck software running on same PC as FRStack, you have loaded Stream Deck add-in. If your environment does not match then detail it in a response.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Wayne there.is no limit to the number to profiles or folders you can switch into the deck. Use the Streamdeck Select Profile. You can create sub folders in a profile or add a button to switch profiles. Stream Deck is very flexible
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Has anyone tried using Elgato’s iPhone app — instead of buying a physical Stream Deck — to control their Flex? Might the iPhone app integrate into FRStack somehow?
    https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stre...
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    How do I load Stream Deck add-in ?
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    But apparently the app has a small monthly or yearly fee to consider.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Just open it and the shell association it has will load it into Stream Deck software.
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Mark, Thanks for all your efforts.  I did buy one this morning locally, and its great
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Yes, I bought the iOS software also. It works the same as the hardware device. The iOS device use the PC's IP address to communicate to the Stream Deck software running on it.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited August 2019
    You have to love Amazon.

I ordered my 15 button unit at 11am and it was here at 5pm.

Almost as fast as the Coyote and Acme!

I have it up and running and just a thought, Mark, maybe you want to add some buttons in FRstack to do the installation so that people don't have to dig into the installation folder to find the programs.

I do like the idea of sharing layouts on GitHub.

Mike va3mw

• Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I am really enjoying this feature, but...

I can't seem to have my SPE 1.3 be recognized in your REST interface - it keeps reporting 'No AMP', even though FRStack shows it in its SPE Amp window and can be controlled using the window, rather than the Stream Deck interface.

By the way, any chance that FRStack can recognize my SPE when it is powered down and be able to issue a power on command, like DDUtil can???

(Can FRStack pass the active frequency to a UDP for HF-Auto control, like DDUtil can?)

Keep up the great work!

Vy 73,
    Roy AC2GS
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Mark, this is amazing! Now I need to save up for a new toy....
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    it seems like a great addition to the station.

I also would like to see something like that implemented in Maestro XL model (my dream only) and we do not have to add additional boxes and wires.
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Mark.  I got it working.  This is really cool !!  It looks and works great on my iPAD Pro.  
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I am also using the iOS app.  It's $2.99 a month or $25 a year.  This is a good way to try Stream Deck without shelling out $128 for the 15 button hardware device.  Plus the iOS spp is wireless. 

The posibilities are nearly limitless on what can be done with Stream Deck and Flex Radio and even other applications.
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Joe, Does the ios app work well?  Is there any lag when pressing a key to the action happening.  Im finding the Stream Deck extremely fast, but I have an old ipad here i could put to good use
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited March 2020
    How to install:

• Order your Stream Deck
    • Pull out the Stream Deck Quick Start Guide
    • Follow instructions to install the Stream Deck software
    • Start the Stream Deck software 
    • With FRStack installed
    • Go to C:Program Files (x86)FRStack3 (for most people)
    • Run these 2 files:

• Go to the StreamDeck app and select FRStack3 Rest

You are now ready to explore.

Mike va3mw

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hi Wayne.  I'm using an older ipad pro.  There is no lag at all.  There is a three day free trail period so you can try it out and see what you think.  You will need to be on iOS 12.2 or later.
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I'll try the free trial, thanks
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    This thing will do tons of other useful things besides radio control.

I will be working on a profile for contesting.  Single button presses for N1MM hot keys !

Here are dozens of ideas.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atB5UAC14PA&list=FLrKjc5zSpE-GrbZybDZT06Q
  • Robby Robertson
    Robby Robertson Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I have to be happy with same month delivery and a shipping bill at each end.

-Robby
    HP3SS
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I hate to say it, but this beats the pants off of a Flex Control. The options are endless. Thanks Mark.
    Fantastic software. ordered thru Amazon will be here tomorrow.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Not adding APIs for the SPE amp was my oversight. I will add these APIs in the next release of FRStack.
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks (again)!

Any plans to implement sending UDP packets for active slice frequency so that Palomar HF-Auto Antenna Tuner software will track (like in DDUtil)?
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Mine arrived this afternoon.  10 minutes to unpack, load software and it is operational with a useful default FRStack3 interface.

• KM2C
    KM2C Member
    edited August 2019
    I am having a lot of keys not working. What am I doing wrong? Running SmartSDR v2.5.1 on 6500.

Slice volume doesn't work
    Adding, Deleting, or Selecting slices doesn't work, pushes both shifts/alt keys for some reason if you observe on windows on-screen keyboard
    Non of the bandwidth controls work
    Non of the DSP +/- levels controls work but you can turn them on and off
    None of the Modes works
    None of the tune/rf power controls work
    Volume and Headphone volume +/- don't work
    AGC mode and +/- doesn't work
    Doesn't detect SPE amp

I installed stream deck, installed FRStack3, ran 2 files in FRStack3.

Thanks for any help.
  • KM2C
    KM2C Member
    edited August 2019
    I can change something like param=down to param=10 and it will go to 10 for something on a 0-100 scale but not sure why some of the parameters are not working
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Are you using Windows 10 64bit?
  • KM2C
    KM2C Member
    edited August 2019
    yes. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.