Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FRStack Version 3.1.3.7 Released - Stream Deck support

12345679»

Comments

• rickbw
    rickbw Member ✭✭
    Here is the StreamDeck showing Bands
  • Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭

Did you add a firewall rule to the PC running FRStack that allows TCP traffic on the Rest Port?

By default the rest port is 13522.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

One last step

You must define at least one "URL" for each device running FRStack.

IP address of device running FRStack:port number (13522 is default for Windows FRStack). Use "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" if Streamdeck is plugged into the same PC as running FRStack.

http://localhost:13522

You do not need to add any firewall rules, if Steamdeck and FRStack are on the same PC.

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    edited May 2021

That is not how my default FR Stack profile is done. It is thus with the URL already applied. I did have to open the port in the firewall, which is why I gave that advice. This may not be the case for everone it seems, but it is an instruction from the FRStack author. In fact he underscores the need at the beginning of this thread. So it seemed worth mentioning.

Mark_W3II Mark W3II Member ✭✭

April 2020 edited April 2020

Two things have to be configured for you to be able to use FRStack API from another device.First you must add a firewall rule to the PC running FRStack that allows TCP traffic on the Rest Port.

By default the rest port is 13522, this can be changed in the “FRStack.exe.config” file.

• rickbw
    rickbw Member ✭✭
    I have the streamdeck and FRStack (along with SmartSDR) all running on the same PC. I added URL 1: per above, but still nothing happens when I click on a button on the streamdeck (although I know streamdeck works as other profiles work with no problem).
  • Erik Carling EI4KF

So if it isn't the firewall blocking the port, I would drop an email to Mark and ask him for help.

• rickbw
    rickbw Member ✭✭
    I tried setting it up on my laptop, but no luck either. I looked for a way to email or contact Mark, but can't find it. Is there a way to find his email? Thanks!
  • Erik Carling EI4KF

Use his qrz.com page

• Erik Carling EI4KF

support@mkcmsoftware.com

• rickbw
    rickbw Member ✭✭

Thanks. I have emailed him. Appreciate the help.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

Okay. I've plugged the Stream Deck into my Win10 PC. It says Welcome. What's next?

• Nothing worked for me until I went into my routers port forwarding and added UDP 13255 to the list and now everything works great!
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭

What is not work for you? Your message is not real helpfull. You give us a solution but not what was your problem?

Chris

• AB8YZ
    AB8YZ Member ✭✭

I just bought an 15 Key Stream Deck. Is there a file that I can use with the Stream Deck Software to see how to setup buttons and customize for my use?

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Already in the FRStack 3 folder on your PC.

You need to install the REST plug-in in that folder by double clicking it. Then install the profile by double clicking it.

You will need to install latest Stream Deck software first.

Dave wo2x

• AB8YZ
    AB8YZ Member ✭✭

I just bought an Stream Deck 15 button. I downloaded and installed the Stream Deck App onto my Win 10 system and plugged the . I then executed the FRStack3 Rest file and all of a sudden buttons appear on the Stream Deck. When I launch the Stream Deck App, all the buttons that appear on the Deck also appear in the Software App. the only button that seems to work is the button to launch FRStack3. Is there a guide or something to help me configure the buttons.

• David Decoons, wo2x

In FRStack click on Help, then REST Help

• AB8YZ
    AB8YZ Member ✭✭

I just the 15 Key stream Deck. I went into FRStack3 and had it download the Menus and Buttons. When I run the Stream Deck App it shows that the Interface is there. The various buttons seem to be configured correct but when I press a button that is suppose to send a command to FRStack3 nothing happens. I have downloaded three articles about configuring the Stream Deck and all three use an different ****.

So now don't know which port to use. I tried all of the ones in the article and they don't seem to work. One said I had to put FRStack3 into Admin State. When I do that I get and error saying it can not find V6.0.0.0.0 and crashes.

JoAnn - AB8YZ

• David Decoons, wo2x

What articles are you using? Maybe a TeamViewer session to get you going.

The button on StreamDeck should have the IP address of 127.0.0.1/api:13522 if you are using FRStack for Windows. This assumes the StreamDeck and FRStack are on same PC.

You should not run FRStack as admin.

If it still does not work then temporarily disable your Windows firewall software and test. The firewall may be blocking the loop back communications.

Dave wo2x

• AB8YZ
    AB8YZ Member ✭✭

Stream Deck is on the same computer as FRStack3. I tried setting URL1 to http://127.0.0.1/api:13522. Confirmed that is correct port from looking at FRStack.exe.config. Stream Deck connected using via the USB cable. FRStack3 is running. When double clicking com.mkcmsoftware.restcall it says already installed. One thing I have noticed is in ALL of the button parameters the "?" is missing from commands that send a Parameter. The Rest Help file says a command ends with either "COMMAND' or COMMAND?param=x". thus a command may look like "http://127.0.0.1/api:13522/Radio/Client?param=Next". The GET URL doesn't end with a "?" and neither does the ClickParam start with a "?". I do know that UDP works because WSJTX sends data to AClog using UDP. A typical button on my Stream Deck shows say for the 160M Band Button.

Title: 160M

Global: URL1

Get URL: /ActiveSlice/band? <- Added "?" to see it would work

Prefix:

Sufix:

ClickParam: param=160 <- should I put the "?" here

URL1: http://127.0.0.1/api:13522

JoAnn

AB8YZ

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Regarding adding a firewall rule.

This is only necessary

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Regarding the missing "?" in the StreamDeck REST command, FYI, here is a screenshot of mine, with the "?" in the command preview pain.

Alan

• AB8YZ
    AB8YZ Member ✭✭

I want to setup Buttons for 60M. Sense this band is channelized, I want to setup buttons so when I press one, it switches the rig to that channel. I have tried the following but it doesn't work

GET URL1: /ActiveSlice/freq

Click{aram: param=5.3305

URL1: http://localhost:13522/api

JoAnn

AB8YZ

• David Decoons, wo2x

The "Issue" is probably your transmit settings. If your TX bandwidth is not set correctly to stay in band for the 60 meter "channels" then it will not transmit. THe TX and controls will be greyed out.

Maybe create a profile for 60 meter TX and have a button call that profile?

Dave wo2x

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭

Did that ever happen ?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.