Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FRStack Version 3.1.3.7 Released - Stream Deck support

Comments

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The 15-button Stream Deck arrived late this morning less than 24 hours from ordering. I must say, it is a perfect companion for the any Flexradio 6xxx. Easily modified the FRStack3 profile for my 6700 moved around bands, www, gen, xvtr, ant inputs, changing colors of display etc.

Mark may I suggest you update a few things with colors, such as MOX, when OFF white is OK, but when ON it should be red. You can of course modify on/off color but they are the same color. Having a different color or graphic for on would be welcome. A bit more complicated due to polling after the command sent and maybe more a function to be handled by Stream Deck, or maybe you can come up with something. Until we all get a Power Genius were stuck with what we have, how about an interface for a Quadra. Be nice to be able to control a few things from the deck. 

This next part is also for Mike VA3MW. Now if I could get a set of parameters for the Antenna Genius then I'll do up a profile sub/menu. I've already sent off an email to Dragisa. This would be great. Any thoughts to add Antenna Genius
    This deck can be used to effectively switch one of the 4 or 8 antenna wifi switches such as Snaptekk, http://www.snaptekk.com/wifi-4-antenna-switch

This is like a new feature loaded software update, like Christmas in the middle of summer. All this development, this amazing new tool for the Flexradio is only possible because of the absolute determination of the Flexradio team to provide the means for developers to come up with things like this. Kudos to Mark W3II for your continuing positive contribution to us Flexers. I just love this deck.

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    This is exactly the kind of stuff that William and I were trying to accomplish a few years ago when we were working with the various DJ controllers. He did most of his work with the “Processing” language using a CMD-Micro. I took his framework and modified it using my Hercules DJ 2SE and the Behringer CMD PL1. If I remember correctly we ran into some snags with the communication stream getting bogged down and having increasing lag, and memory leakage. I think it had to do with using the same UDP port as the main software. He was starting to make progress when We both got sidetracked with other projects and I never got back to it. I always told myself that when I retired I would learn C# and rewrite the program from the ground up, making it totally user programmable. I still have this dream. But Streamdeck and FRStack may make this unnecessary. Matched with a FlexControl Knob, it may be all I need. Which raises a question. Mark, is there the ability to set up a page on the StreamDeck to quickly set functions for the main Knob on the FlexControl Knob? That could add some additional value for some users. Ken - NM9P
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    To bad the Snaptek guy went MIA a few months ago.  Wasted lots of emails to try to get support on one of his switches but no answer.
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Got the XL. Wow!
  • KM2C
    KM2C Member
    edited June 2020
    Loving this so far. Mark has been very helpful!!

I was wondering if there was a way to adjust how things increment. For example some items up/down a step of 10, others a step of 5. Is there a way we could adjust this or call something like down1, down5, down10 as options or down# and let any whole integer between 0-100 be a valid value
  • Alan Holdsworth g8oo
    edited August 2019

Hi Guys

Further to yesterday comments – The Stream Deck arrived late last night and this morning  I installed the stacks setup I then went to the FRstacks folder and installing the 1 off option of com.mkcmsoftware.restcall and then installed FRStack3 Rest and I was up and running with the stream deck talking with my Flex 6600 the whole setup took less than 5 minutes what a great system.

• John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    In FRStacks look under Help menu for View REST Help and that will give you a list of commands and format for each.  You can then use those to change the button functions in Stream Deck control application.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    The feature has two components
    1. FRStack which is the command sink and data source via the new Rest API.
    2. Rest Stream Deck plugin I wrote that provides config UI and communications in SD. The Elgato web site provides guidance on how to develop add-ins for SD.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Mike, how did you modify the FRStack3 profile? I tried but it acted like it was locked.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Well, I didn't see any locks on mine, but I copied it and renamed my profile. It
    's a work in progress but I'm making it more common sense for the 6700, for example new folders such as ANT (see below) where everything to do with antennas pretty much will be accessible from that folder. setting RX, TX, RF Gain, DIV, TUNE, switching slices and so on. The green displays the active antenna. I've restructured bands, I've move the MOX from the top left of the primary screen as you can accidentally engage MOX when you hit the back button when your in sub-menus.

• Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Excellent! An upgrade on my Genovation 24 switch hub! Tim VE6SH
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I will add the ability to set param =  +/- 1,2,5,10,20,50 as values which will move up / down that amount. For example you could use +2 instead of UP or -2 instead of DOWN. setting param = 50 will still set value to 50.
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Mark, An interesting ReSTAPI to implement could be:
    'select the current slice frequency field and clean it'.
    This way a numeric keypad deployed on the StreamDeck can be used to directly enter the frequency.

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2020
    Another cool feature would to be to have a folder with all your profiles and could just push a button to load a different profile. Can that be added??
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I will add this feature in the next release. Great suggestion.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    It was on the list and will be there in the next release. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2019
    GREAT
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    How about a keyboard command to switch a given slice to a specific frequency, mode, etc. or to use the data stored for that frequency’s memory settings?
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    This is possible today. The ActiveSlice command is Memory and MemoryMode.
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Great! (I gotta read the manual more closely).

Is there a way to set the frequency of a non-active slice, or is the only way to set it as active, change it and then go back to the active slice from before?

Thanks for perpetually adding more and more features! This is a great piece of software!
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Today there are only two targets, ActiveSlice and Radio. I will look at adding Slice targets later.
  • Michael Wheatley
    Michael Wheatley Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Mark,

Would it be possible to add a rest command to toggle the TX slice?

Michael -- KM6LHD
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Mine does it now by using the "radioslice" and the down command. It toggles the active slice and tx at the same time. you also have to check "active radio slice enable tx" in FR Stack
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    As Steve points out there is a follow the active slice feature. The command already exists and can be found in the Sample Profile TX folder. It is ActiveSlice with command of TX. Consult the Rest Help file for additional details. For those multiple client folks you have to remember there is an Active TX slice for each client. The rest commands work with 1 client at a time. There is a Next Client button to switch between which GUI client you want to control.
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    This is a great program, and it grows more and more powerful almost every day!

Please consider implementing swapping slices via Stream Deck commands.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2019
    I noticed the next command did not work quite right for me. I am running 2 slices on computer and 2 on Maestro and it seems that when I used the next command the control from Maestro to computer and back did not change active slice properly
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    The Next Client function was fixed in the latest build released yesterday. Each client has an active slice. The Next Slice switches between slices on a single client. FRStack gives you visibility to all slices on all clients but you only interact with one client at a time.
  • Jim Brown, K5JAZ
    Jim Brown, K5JAZ Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Please consider ability to change TX bandwidth. Important when switching to 60m from any other band on FT8.
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Mark, thank you for adding this feature. I can type the digits and clear the accumulated values, but ENTER the frequency doesn't work here.

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Mark, is it possible to show the frequency in Hz (now the resolution is 10 HZ) or, even better, based on the selected step?

I think you will blame yourself because of the monster you created...!!!
    (Clarification... it means you did a super job and everyone is going to love it and ask for more)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.