Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FRStack Version 3.1.3.7 Released - Stream Deck support

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited August 2019
    If you watch FRStack at the same time, you can see that the audio levels change, so the Stream Deck is working correctly.

I haven't played with the Audio settings in FRStack, but, from what I see, those buttons only control headphone volume and line out volume and I think that is on the Radio only.

I'm testing on a remote Maestro and the audio levels do not change.  I think this is how it is designed, but  maybe Mark can comment.

If you check the FRStack Rest  Help, you can see a list of commands.

Mike

• KM2C
    KM2C Member
    edited August 2019
    No its not changing anywhere. Any ClickParam that isn't a numerical value isn't working.

From your web browser if you were to type: 
    http://localhost:13522/api/ActiveSlice/nblevel?param=UP
    It returns:
    <string xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/">20</string>

Currently my NB was set for 20

From your web browser if you were to type: 
    http://localhost:13522/api/ActiveSlice/nblevel?param=30
    It returns:
    <string xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/">30</string>

Now my NB level is 30 and the key on the Stream Deck updates and says 30

UP/DOWN/FM/DIGL etc type parameters don't seem to be working for me. Am I missing some other windows component(s) or software to support those types of values?
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    On home screen, 3rd button along top is Slice folder.  In this folder is Audio up and down.  Here is screenshots of Streamdeck app.  These were defaults and they work.  One press of up takes the speaker level up by 10.  One press off down takes it down by 10.  Keep pressing for more level adjust.  Hope this helps
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    One thing to note though, on right side +Slice and button under Slice with strike thru, doesnt work for me.  I just get a ding sound, not sure why.
  • KM2C
    KM2C Member
    edited August 2019
    They don't work for some reason on my setup. Hopefully Mark can help explain why.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Yes that will work. I did supply a profile for the 15 button model so I don't know how that will load but the ability to create a profile will work fine.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Wayne,
    The +Slice and -Slice are hotkeys not Rest calls, i will fix this in the next update.
    For now the + slice should be URL of http://localhost:13522/api/radio/slice
    with the param of "param=CREATE" and - slice param should be "param=DELETE".
    Drag a new Rest Call from right to button and overwrite existing. Then set value to above information
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    KM2C,
    Use the FRStack Help menu item for REST Help to make sure the API command you are using supports the value you are trying to set. For example to set FM the command would be http://localhost:13522/api/activeslice/MODE?param=FM

• KM2C
    KM2C Member
    edited August 2019
    I am using your default FRStack3 Rest profile. If I type that into my browser (radio is in USB mode currently) I get a response of: <string xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/">USB</string>
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Mark, I will correct mine.  It worked.  Now just have to figure out how to create a new panadaptor.  lol
    Thanks for your efforts
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited August 2019
    Note to all

You may notice that the Band window that the 160M band goes to 6M. 

To fix this, just edit the button in the Stream Deck GUI and change the Click Param to

param=160

Mike
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Stream Deck control for N1MM.  This is just a start for N1MM control.  It supports SO2R with focus control.  Automates allot of common multi key shortcuts into Stream Deck.  I will post the profile file on GitHub site once I figure out how.  Contact me and I will send it to you.  Thanks Joe N3HEE

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    What a cool toy. I also ordered the 15-button. Couldn't wait so I downloaded and installed the software and executed the FRstack files and even though I do not have the Stream Deck connected yet, I can view and play with the GUI. Reads info from 6700 but doesn't send any info but at least it allows me to play with the GUI and start building my profiles. This is going to be so helpful in the shack because my Maestro is used nightly at my bedside.
    I have a very bad habit of leaving dozens upon dozens of windows open on my shack computer which isn't good. 11 instances of Firefox each with between 10 and 35 tabs open, then Thunderbird, Excel, Adobe PDF and so on. This tool and it's one button app setup will perhaps break me of this ridiculous habit and thus freeing us so much resources.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thanks for the tips on using this device, Michael's post made it straightforward.  On the Bands --> XVTR- menu I added some SWL radio buttons using the stations icons:

_..--
    k3Tim / 7

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I have FRStack ver 3.1.3.7, but I do not have these files in FRStack3 directory.
    How can I get them?

I do not have Stream Deck yet, just installed their SW to check it out, but cannot do much as no files there to run
    Sergey, KN7K

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    How does one save the updates?

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Select the option to show extensions in Windows Explorer then you will see full names. They are there.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    They automatically save to the profile you modify , you can export the profile to disk so you have a backup you can return to. Use the gear icon or right click on the profile to save it.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    got it, Thank you Mark!
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Mark, appreciate the help....

Tim
  • Alan Holdsworth g8oo
    edited August 2019
    My Stream Deck should arrive today - therefore it would help if  someone would please email or put  on the www there SDR/Stream deck profiles and save this pure mortal a lot of time TNX de AlanH g8oo
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Alan
    It is extremely easy to program this device.  You can even drag and drop buttons to other buttons.  Piece of cake

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I have updated FRStack to version 3.1.4.8. This version addresses the bug with certain functions not working until Spot menu or Hotkeys were turned on. Rest Help menu not opening a 2nd time. Adds SPE Amp support. Update Stream Deck Plugin to support multiple line Prefix and Suffix text. Updates Stream Deck Profile sample. Have Fun.
  • Alan Holdsworth g8oo
    edited August 2019
    Tnx Wayne

The device has not arrived yet so will spend some time playing with it tonight or tomorrow.

Bye for now AlanH.
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Mark W3II thanks for the nice changes.  One issue I noticed is that when I invoke a CWX memory from the Stream Deck there is no cw sidetone but if I invoke it from the CWX panel in SmartSDR there is sidetone.  Is there a different command for each?
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Mark.  I can see the Hotkey editor.  I created a hotkey but it doesnt seem to work ? When I click on view hotkeys nothing happens ?
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Any plans for a simple SPE 'On' /'OFF' toggle (not operate/standby toggle)?
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Joe, the view, hotkeys menu check enables and disables hotkeys. Use the hotkey sequence you configured in the editor to activate the configured function.

Roy, there is a command to shutoff the SPE but I could not find a command to turn it on. I use the remote on/off signal on the control port of the SPE to remote control the 1.3K on and off. 
  • Michael Wheatley
    Michael Wheatley Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Mark,

Thank you *very much* for your support of the Stream Deck.  It's a great addition to my desktop.

I have one question:  how do you get date from the radio to be displayed on the Stream Deck button, eg: Next Slice A(0) or B(1)?

Michael -- KM6LHD
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    No luck getting hotkeys to work ?  Do I need to have something else installed to use hotkeys with FRStack ?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.