Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hercules MIDI with 6300

191011121315»

Comments

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    William, I like Nrs. 1-4, the program seems to work. Will test it later.
    Because I use ONLY external tuners for all my TRX, I would like
    TUNE to stay fixed. Now I need two key clicks, shift and tune.
    Thank you for your improvements!

BTW can you tell me the approximate size of the PL-1 compared to the
    CMD micro? I have to fit it to my (small) shack ;-)

73, Alex DH2ID
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Alex,  I can make a custom version for you to swap them.  Or I can teach you how.  If you like the newest version, let me know and I will compile you a version with "tune" hard coded.

The PL1 is huge - I would say ~ 12" x 6"
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    YES yes yes, hard coded sounds good to me :-) But only if it's not too much extra work for you, you do enough for us!
    Ok, the PL-1 is not for me, then, too big.... 
  • Bob W7KWS
    Bob W7KWS Member
    edited July 2015
    Quick test before lunch.  More when I get back this afternoon.

I swapped A & B knobs and that works great.

I can't tell if the touch sensitivity is playing a part or not but the gear shift in 2.0d seems flawless after a 1 minute of testing.  More later.  Thanks again.

Bob
  • Steve Cook
    Steve Cook Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    William Silly question.  I installed ver 2_0d.  I get the display and it finds my flex 6500 but I get no response.  I have restarted CMD and smart SDR no change.  Any thoughts?

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Steve,

The drivers are not being installed for the CMD Micro.  My first guess would be your security software. 

Check device manager for any issues.  A few people had similar issues, and it was virus scan software.

Use an external midi tester such as http://forum.djuced.com/files/p_download/137/miditest.exe to troubleshooting.

William

• Steve Cook
    Steve Cook Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Got the problem solved rebooted.  I guess the driver software did not get fully install the first time.  Looks like everything is working great.  Thanks for your hard work on this.
  • jan
    jan Member ✭✭
    > @W4WHL said:
    > I made another small update, the main screen now displays VFO frequencies.  I thought it would be nice to have some visual feedback the program is doing something.
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Here is the updated download;
    >
    > https://www.dropbox.com/s/re9tlop8r7y7wje/FlexMidiTCP.zip?dl=0

no download in dropbox
  • jan
    jan Member ✭✭
    i try to download files from dropbox but it,s dont do it :(
  • Does anyone have an updated version, I just purchase a NEW CMD micro and running a Flex-6500 with version 3.2.39 software...would love to began to play with it...my email: [email protected]

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

This is an old thread, but wondering has anyone successfully got a Hercules DJ Control to work with any Flex 6000 series. I have the Hercules DJ Controller Compact version. There are a few dead drop box links for other controllers so I'm hoping someone out there has a solution or can point me in the right direction.

• W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭

i MAY be able to help; i use mine all the time....i THINK there are two versions, one for 32 and one for 64 bit versions of windows...

drop me a note to [email protected], w5xz, dan

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭

Yes, I got one working and used it for years. I found it especially useful in contesting and working DX where the operator was working split. I used the software that the author wrote for it. I don't use it presently because I have a Flex controller that does pretty much what I need and I was short of desk space. I'm using a Flex 6300.

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

That's good news, looking forward to getting this going, my email is [email protected]

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Thanks to Dan I've got some files installed but this is for the CMDMicroController. The pop image of the CMDMicro does appear and I do see the mode and fequency for A and B slice in the TuneA and TuneB areas, but that's it.

Following this thread from the beginning and there was some mention of getting Hercules DJControl to work. I mentioned earlier the dropbox links are dead.

Looking for FlexMidiTCP.pde so I can at least get the channel, notes etc. for each button. Saying that I can get the mapping of the buttons from Thetis for the Anan as it has midi controller built-in so I can use the Manage Mappings to get all the control ID, names, type and value for the buttons, knobs and wheels. I hope someone out there has a solution without have to reinvent the wheel from the beginning again.

Any further assistance to get the Hercules DJControl Compact working with 6xxx radio would be appreciated.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.