Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hercules MIDI with 6300

Comments

• Javier, KC2QII
    Javier, KC2QII Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    William,

FYI,

After updating to Ver 1.4.3.55, working remote from my laptop, when changing the band from 40 to 80 Meters, I got the screen display below

I still had control via the CMD Micro.  After restarting the application, I was able to reproduce the error, again going from 40m to 80m.

I will try it on my desktop PC later on.

Javier 
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    interesting, I will certainly check it out.  I am still installing the new version.  It wont be tonight, but I will get to the bottom of it.  I suspect they changed something.  Either way I will fix it.

I also see the image under the RF<>HP button is messed up.  I will fix that also.

William
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

same error hear on my PC

Jeff N3VE

I just got the cmd micro tonight and the Hercules is packed up going back.

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    ok something must have changed.  Something as simple as the order the information is received.

Does this effect operation of the CMD at all?

William
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    edited December 2016
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    edited December 2016
    No, it still works
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Ok.  I'm almost 100% sure I know what the issue is.  I will investigate and let everyone know.  And of course fix it :)
  • MH_Flexer
    MH_Flexer Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    William, The nudge feature looks awesome. I am still waiting for my CMD Micro. With all the great effort you are putting in, by the time it arrives, I'll probably be on version 2.x.x.x....... Kudos! Duane
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Ok guys, I need help.  I can not seem to reproduce the error yall are having.  Can you please give me the exact steps?  Please include any info such as how many slices open, frequencies, mode, etc. 

Thanks

William
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I can't seem to reproduce this error, but based on the screen shots I think I know what it is.  Please try this revision and let me know

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ag3mhs7m0wsuiiv/CMDMicroFlex6k_v1_9c.zip?dl=0

• MH_Flexer
    MH_Flexer Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015

William,

Let me know if I miss or misrepresent anything on the Version History

Duane

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Version 1.9c work, no problems or bugs. I like the version history!
    73, Alex DH2ID
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    All found a bug in 1.9c, a null pointer exception can be triggered under the right conditions.  Also I was reading in all available data from the radio and parsing it.  However I should have been parsing each line separately.  This may have also been the issue seen with the garbage on the screen in v1.9b.  So please give this new version a try, and report any bugs found.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8yvr8rkbhaqlq6/CMDMicroFlex6k_v1_9d.zip?dl=0

Regards,

William
    W4WHL
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    On a side note.  I'm not sure if something changed in radio firmware, but I can now manipulate pan-adapter bandwidth via external program.  Who would like panadapter zoom +/- option that can be swapped with the NR/NB buttons.

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That would be very interesting, William. I don't use panadapter zoom
    often, but somertimes it would be nice to look at the bigger picture,
    or waterfall in this case ;-)
    I just downloaded 1.9d and will report if there are problems.
    73, Alex DH2ID

My favorite bananas:
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    It may be extremely useful for the digi/cw folks.  I'll wait opinions before I commit to coding.  Its not a hard task, but don't want to waste my time unless people really want it.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    William we want all plus 10%
    Get my CMD Saturday or Tuesday and Hercules goes back to Amazon :-)
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I need more buttons  LOL
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Pressing a button long/short wouldn't be an option, I guess.
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Not really, it could be done, but it would be hard
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    William, I wonder about using a slider to do the zoom?  You could program a couple of reasonable limits of pan width and correlate them to the control value.  Or is the access you have one that is a simple +/- like the buttons on the SSDR interface?

BTW:  I have thought about using a timing loop to create a short/long press control button on my Hercules, but haven't had time to get to it. Almost anything is possible, if you want to spend the time to program it!
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ken, your idea is much better than mine! An option to use the balance (or any other) slider should be possible.
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I finished coding the swap for NB/NR <> Pan Bandwidth.  I'm getting too quick at this.

Uploading now!  Will post link shortly

William
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I'll try this! Another idea: Setting up one of the buttons (one seldom used, VOX?)
    as a swap or function button would make it possible to give all buttons two
    functions.
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    All,

I considered this, but you need to start from current bandwidth.  Using a slider would cause the screen to jump.  It's best to query the radio for current bandwidth and just add or subtract to that value.

My current test code I just uploaded works real good, and I think y'all will like it.

What would be best to use is a encoder dial.  But there is only one available on the micro.  And I think swapping out the mode button is not a good idea.  Most people will set NB/NR and leave it.  But they may change mode and bandwidth often.

If I had one more button I would do a shift function.  Maybe in a future release I will remove CWX3 and make it a shift button.  With shift pressed CWX 1-2 becomes 3-4, and NB/NB becomes bandwidth.  This is a bigger change and may add it at some point.

William
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    great minds think alike.  I just mentioned doing this in another reply

William
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Man, I have done myself a major disservice by not reading this thread before!  You have made some pretty incredible progress with these external controllers!  I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but had to comment and give you some kudos.

So...have you thought about using this controller?  Same company, so may not be hard to interface with?  Might be good for folks who only use one vfo primarily?  Not even sure if it'd be compatible with what you are doing.

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, great mind...thanks, will tell my wife!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.