Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Profile Auto Save Discussion

123457»

Answers

• k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭

• K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭

Dennis, to each his own....I hate the AutoSave "feature"... We definitely should have the option to use it or not. 73.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

What would be nice is if they could have profile “memories” like the frequency memories. This way if you move a slider in the current working profile it stays “moved” even on band changes. But you could then load a profile “memory” which is a saved snapshot of a profile.

You can do that by exporting profiles once set up and then importing them but would be better to have it self contained.

That way the current profiles will have a knob or slider change stay persistent but you could then load the profile “memory” which would overwrite the settings in the current working profiles

Best of both worlds and should be satisfactory to all.

Just my thoughts.

Dave wo2x

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭

I really really don't like it! Switch Please!

Johan, SE3X

• Don AI6RE
    Don AI6RE Member ✭✭
    My Profiles should never change unless I change them. Autosave takes away all the advantages of the profile concept and reverts the radio to a knob type older radio. This looses one of the big advantage of of owning an SDR radio.
    Those who want it to work like a knob radio should buy a knob radio.

How many non SDR radios have user defined profiles to set the knobs.
    If there are any, do their profiles change automatically?

I am willing to learn but I don't want autosave on my SDR.

Don
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

There is persistence memory and there is profile memory. Profile memory can only be changed manually. If you change something it is saved in persistence memory. And when you shut down SmartSDR and the radio the last save memory will be what you see when you turn on the radio and SmartSDR. To get back to your preferred settings simply recall the profile. If you want a change to stick. Save the changes under the same profile name, AND make sure you export to computer memory to have a permanent record for recall in a radio/software failure. Or if one has to do a factory reset.

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

Hi Tim,

I emailed Eric and Gerald back in September and October to see if this means the AutoSave On/Off switch is really coming. At least that is what I took Mike's reply to infer. So far no replies.

Seems there has not been much focus on SSDR enhancements lately but some feedback and communication like in the old days would be appreciated.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6700 Win10 SSDR V2.4.10

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.