Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Having trouble getting an active panadapter on a new laptop: Win 10

johna8119
johna8119 Member ✭✭
I am running SSDR on a new laptop.  Using a Flex-6600.  With the new laptop, I don't get an active panadapter and waterfall without getting 4 panadapters loaded.  Once the last one comes up, it works.  When I try to minimize the others, the single active one stops showing the spectrum and waterfall.  Any suggestions?  I am attaching a screen grab.  The program works fine on my other computers.

Answers

• Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    From what I see in the pic, you are seeing the panadaptors, but they need a little adjusting. First, slide the waterfall(s) down to about 1 half what they are now. Then click on the "Display" tab on the left of each slice, and adjust the "black" to the right until you begin to see the waterfall action. Then adjust the "Gain" to make the signals appear more 'intense' if desired. Now, if you don't want the slices there, click on the "X" in the upper right of each slice once, and they should close, not just minimize.  Hope this helps.  Good Luck
  • johna8119
    johna8119 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    After a number of failures to get ssdr to work properly on this new laptop, I decided to uninstall and reinstall SSDR.  No joy.  This time, the CAT program would not work properly.  Ugh.

So I deleted all the drivers with another uninstallation.  SDR couldn't connect.  Ugh.

I looked at Tim's suggestions about removing SDR, and I also followed his instructions about removing ghosted ports, etc.

Reinstalled again.  AMAZING!  I'm not sure what happened with the original installation, but the program works.

I'm giving this follow-up in case anyone else has encountered similar problems.  My learned lesson is that if you're doing a reinstallation of the program, be sure to remove all the components completely before reinstalling.
  • johna8119
    johna8119 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Oh, woe.  All is lost.  After rebooting the computer a couple of times, the original problem has resurfaced.  This must be something specific to the new HP computer.  Thank heavens I have a Maestro as well as a desktop which both work fine.  It would have been nice to be able to operate when I'm off on a business or pleasure trip.  On the other hand, who knows when I'll be able to take another trip of any kind!
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    All is lost? you mean you last all your cat and dax settings?
  • johna8119
    johna8119 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Actually I hadn't refined the settings on the new computer, so the "all is lost" was merely being dramatic.  I have uploaded a video of SSDR on the old computer, which works well, and on the new one, which isn't suitable.  The resolution of the videos could be better, but hopefully it is good enough for somebody to help.
    Here is the YouTube link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdFYKayMnl8
    If anyone has suggestions, please leave them here instead of on YouTube.  Thanks!
    John
    W4KV
  • KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭

Did anyone ever figure this issue out my New Dell 27" all in one is doing the same thing.

Ian

KM4CQG

• johna8119
    johna8119 Member ✭✭

As far as I can tell, no one has posted a solution to this problem. I have given up trying to use the notebook and I simply use the desktop. The suggestion by Jim KJ7S didn't solve the issue.

Sorry.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I would submit a help desk ticket. Flex has likely seen this, or something similar and can probably get you going again.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

This looks like a windows video driver issue. And, there was something like this about 2 months ago with a specific video card. Please open a ticket so they can chase it down.

• Ted S
    Ted S Member ✭✭

Does this laptop use the IrisXE GPU? There is a bug in the GPU drivers that causes the panadapter to freeze. Thread below discusses that problem and how to work around it or how to get a driver update for that GPU. Again this is specific to the IrisXE GPU, YMMV.

No Waterfall & Pan Display but everything else OK on brand new HP Win10 LT - Page 2 — FlexRadio Community

Best,

Ted WR4T

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.