Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX

Options
K6ANP
K6ANP Member ✭✭

I am totally confused about a problem that I believe is related to upgrading to V3.2.34.312. In the Dax control panel, I get no slice in slice one RX stream. It tells me this channel has not been enabled. This channel has not been selected in a SMART SDR slice.

I tried several attempts to correct the issue without any success. I welcome any suggestions.

I'm using DAX v3.32.343128, CAT v3.2.34. the Flex6600M is using HW V3.2.39.3374

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Whenever I upgrade SmartSDR, CAT and DAX are also upgraded to the same version as SmartSDR. I wonder if that is the root of your problem.

Do you , by ay chance, start SmartSDR without automatically starting DAX and CAT? If so, you might try setting Autostart for both, then re-start SmartSDR to see if that fixes the issue.

If this causes different versions to load, you may want to re-install SmartSDR to be sure everything is at the same level.

• K6ANP
    K6ANP Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Len, I tried your suggestions, no luck. This is a real mystery everything was working fine, turned off the radio and computer, turned them on the next day, and bad stuff!

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Next step is to submit a help desk ticket. There is a good chance that the Flex folks have already seen this problem or something like it. They tend to diagnose problems pretty quickly.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Can you post a screen shot of both the SmartSDR Flag with the DAX Channel selection and your DAX panel.\

This is the first part I would check.

• K6ANP
    K6ANP Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike: I honestly don't understand what happened. The problem mysteriously disappeared as it appeared.

This recalls what my Navy electronics instructor would say "if you don't understand it, it must be FM, F**king magic!

I do appreciate your reply to my SOS. I can tell you the DAX Control Panel did show "This channel has not been abled, This channel not selected in a smart SDR slice". It was yellow with no slice. Now it shows slice A streaming.

Thanks again and please leave some 6 meters FT8 DX for the left coast.

Len

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Glad you got it sorted.

I have actually been beaming that way a LOT. :) I need a lot of grids out there.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.