Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

"FOLLOW a category" is still not working for me

Al_NN4ZZ
Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Hi Tim,

It has been several more days and I'm still not getting any email notifications for categories I have set to FOLLOW.

• My notifications are set for EMAIL only
  • my email address is correct
  • I've tried "un-following and re-following, no change
  • the categories show "following"
  • I am getting notifications for posts I created, followed or replied to so seems that would confirm my email / notification setup is correct.

Anything else to try?

Is this feature working for other regular (i.e. not administrator) members?

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6700 Win10 SSDR V2.4.10

Best Answers

Answers

• Ted_M0MTA
    Ted_M0MTA Member
    Hi Al/Tim,
    This isnt working for me either, I beleive I have it set up correctly.
    73 Mark M0MTA
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Agree....you should only have to flag a category to follow and not have to flag each post.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6700 Win10 SSDR V2.4.10

• K6HN
    K6HN Member ✭✭

I also reported this problem last week and have not heard anything since. It would be nice if an admin would acknowledge that the follow feature is not working correctly for standard user accounts.

• W1WRA
    W1WRA Member ✭✭

I concur.

While threads I follow I get notifications for, I do not get notifications on following a category.

However there is no notification setting for catagories. Maybe following a catagory does not mean what I think it means?

• K6HN
    K6HN Member ✭✭

If I follow a category I would expect notification when any new thread is started. Maybe your right and this is not the way it works.

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Hi Gary and W1WRA,

In another thread, Tim did a test and said that following a category was working for him.

Here is the other post:

https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/8023054/follow-feature-not-working#latest

• K6HN
    K6HN Member ✭✭

Yes, I am aware of that test Tim did. I did as suggested with no change in the results.

I also created a NEW account and set it to "follow" selective categories. I received no emails on that new account either. Something is wrong or misunderstood.

• Dewey WØYWW
    Dewey WØYWW Member ✭✭

I've tried everything I can think of, and to my knowledge, have my profile correctly setup, but still no following threads via email. I did get one email response for a thread where I answered a question, but nothing else.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

I will be addressing this issue tomorrow with a Message Board post.

• K6HN
    K6HN Member ✭✭

Thanks for the heads up Tim.

• W1WRA
    W1WRA Member ✭✭

BTW @Tim - W4TME , I for one really do appreciate all you are doing, and have done with the community platform. I hope you don't take the complaints personally, etc.

This discussion has been closed.