Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Follow feature not working?

Options
K6HN
K6HN Member ✭✭

I have enabled the "follow" feature in various categories but have not received email notifications despite there being new posts. Am I missing a step to get this feature working?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2020
    Options

@K6HN Did you follow a category or use the bookmark feature on an specific post?

And make sure you set your notification Preferences in your profile. You may only be getting popups.

• Tim - W4TME
    edited August 2020
    Options

And I changed this post to a question topic. Please read the following post in the Message Board regarding the creation of Q&A topics: Using New Q&A (Question & Answer) Feature

• K6HN
    K6HN Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Tim,

I selected a Category, then clicked on the "Follow" link. It then changed to "Following" as you see in this clip. I have all notification options selected and did get a notification of your posts here. I checked my SPAM folder and nothing from Flex is in there.

• Tim - W4TME
    Options

@K6HN Did you make sure you set your notification Preferences in your profile to send email notification? You may only be getting popups.

• K6HN
    K6HN Member ✭✭
    Options

Notification setting are correct.

• K6HN
    K6HN Member ✭✭
    Options

Some additional info. I am getting notifications for threads that are "Flagged". See below.

Nothing for any category I have set to "Follow".

• Tim - W4TME
    Options

@K6HN So, if you have posts that have been bookmarked (or as you say, flagged) , and this was a carryover from the old community, you will get notifications on update. To stop this you have to un-bookmark the post (in the top right hand corner of it)

I'm looking into the "follow" a category issue.

• Tim - W4TME
    Options

@K6HN I just did a test with my test user account that is following this category and I received an email update within a few seconds of posting my last comment. Try unfollowing it and then re-following the category.

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Tim and Gary,

I'm also not getting any email notifications for categories I have set to following.

• My notifications are set for EMAIL only
    • my email address is correct
    • I've tried "un-following and re-following, no change

Anything else to try?

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6700 Win10 SSDR V2.4.10

• K6HN
    K6HN Member ✭✭
    Options

Al,

Good to hear it's not just me.

Tim,

Still not working.

I do get notifications on threads I have commented in, or have flagged. Following does NOT work.

Gary

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Any update -- after two more days, still no emails on categories I've set to FOLLOW. Is this working for other members?

I'm not getting any email notifications for categories I have set to FOLLOW.

• My notifications are set for EMAIL only
    • my email address is correct
    • I've tried "un-following and re-following, no change
    • I am getting notifications for posts I created so seems that would confirm my email / notification setup is correct.

Anything else to try?

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6700 Win10 SSDR V2.4.10

• K6HN
    K6HN Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Al,

I don't think they are taking our reports seriously. I to am interested if others are having the same problem and just not reporting it or haven't noticed.

I would suggest the Admin should make a new account as a simple user, then "follow" some categories without posting in them and see if he gets emails. I bet he won't as I created a second account with a different email address and it has the same issue. No follow emails.

Gary.