SmartSDR v3.3.32 and the SmartSDR v3.3.32 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.8.0 and the SmartSDR v2.8.0 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes
Power Genius XL Utility v3.6.24 and the Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.6.24
Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.8 and the Tuner Genius XL Release Notes v1.1.8
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
6500 LOG4OM JTALERT Fatal Error
I’ve been using LOG4OM V2 for about a week and decided
last night to get WSJT / JTALERT running. I upgraded both programs to their latest versions. My Flex 6500 was on and both WSJT and JTALERT were open and running. Proper operation was verified with Log4OM V1.
Ø Started the installation procedure described in the LOG4OM manual (below)
Ø When I get to Step #5 below, I get Fatal Error, "MY SQL Start Failure"
Ø Posted the problem on the LOG4OM forum and was told that it is a known JTALERT bug. I found this strange since I’ve seen others say it’s working fine.
Ø Last night I got to thinking and now wonder if the radio needs to be off, and perhaps also LOG4OM?
Ø LOG4OM needs to be run in an ADMIN mode – how about JTALERT?
I appreciate any suggestions on how to get this running.
(The steps below refer to page 142 in the latest LOG4OM manual dated 5 FEB 2020)
1.Enable the Remote Control port in Log4OM V2 with a UDP Port number of 2241- OK
2.Create an "ADIF_MESSAGE" inbound connection in Log4OM V2 with a UDP Port number of 2235 - OK
3. Create a "JT_MESSAGE" inbound connection in Log4OM V2 called JTALERT REBROADCAST with a UDP Port number of 1240 - OK
4. In WSJT-X/WSJT-Z File/Settings/reporting check the boxes and set the ports as shown below. - OK
5.In JTAlert in settings/manage settings/Logging/Log4OM V2 in JTAlert, enable the "Send WSJT-X DX call to Log4OM" and "Enable Log4OM V2 Logging"
When I tried to do step #5 above, I got “Fatal Error, "MY SQL Start Failure"
I was unable to proceed beyond this point.
6.Set the Control port in JTAlert to match the port used in Log4OM V2 (Step 1.)
7.Set the ADIF_MESSAGE port in JTAlert to match the port used in Log4OM V2 (Step 2.)
8. In settings/manage settings/applications/WSJT-X/JTDX in JTAlert enable "Rebroadcast WSJT-X UDP Packets (received only)" and set the IP Address to 127.0.0.1 and UDP Port number to match that set in Log4OM V2 step 3
Leave a Comment
- 18.7K All Categories
- 141 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 294 The Flea Market
- 6.3K Software
- 5.4K SmartSDR for Windows
- 95 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 218 SmartSDR for Mac
- 188 SmartSDR for iOS
- 181 SmartSDR CAT
- 116 DAX
- 321 SmartSDR API
- 7.9K Radios and Accessories
- 6.4K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 636 Maestro
- 30 FlexControl
- 780 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 435 Genius Products
- 253 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 158 Tuner Genius XL
- 24 Antenna Genius
- 124 Shack Infrastructure
- 79 Networking
- 215 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 94 Contesting
- 319 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 89 Amateur Radio Interests
- 602 Third-Party Software