Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
SmartSDR v3.2.39 and the SmartSDR v3.2.39 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.7.6 and the SmartSDR v2.7.6 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes | Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.6.21
Power Genius XL Utility v3.6.21 | Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.1
6500 LOG4OM JTALERT Fatal Error
I’ve been using LOG4OM V2 for about a week and decided
last night to get WSJT / JTALERT running. I upgraded both programs to their latest versions. My Flex 6500 was on and both WSJT and JTALERT were open and running. Proper operation was verified with Log4OM V1.
Ø Started the installation procedure described in the LOG4OM manual (below)
Ø When I get to Step #5 below, I get Fatal Error, "MY SQL Start Failure"
Ø Posted the problem on the LOG4OM forum and was told that it is a known JTALERT bug. I found this strange since I’ve seen others say it’s working fine.
Ø Last night I got to thinking and now wonder if the radio needs to be off, and perhaps also LOG4OM?
Ø LOG4OM needs to be run in an ADMIN mode – how about JTALERT?
I appreciate any suggestions on how to get this running.
(The steps below refer to page 142 in the latest LOG4OM manual dated 5 FEB 2020)
1.Enable the Remote Control port in Log4OM V2 with a UDP Port number of 2241- OK
2.Create an "ADIF_MESSAGE" inbound connection in Log4OM V2 with a UDP Port number of 2235 - OK
3. Create a "JT_MESSAGE" inbound connection in Log4OM V2 called JTALERT REBROADCAST with a UDP Port number of 1240 - OK
4. In WSJT-X/WSJT-Z File/Settings/reporting check the boxes and set the ports as shown below. - OK
5.In JTAlert in settings/manage settings/Logging/Log4OM V2 in JTAlert, enable the "Send WSJT-X DX call to Log4OM" and "Enable Log4OM V2 Logging"
When I tried to do step #5 above, I got “Fatal Error, "MY SQL Start Failure"
I was unable to proceed beyond this point.
6.Set the Control port in JTAlert to match the port used in Log4OM V2 (Step 1.)
7.Set the ADIF_MESSAGE port in JTAlert to match the port used in Log4OM V2 (Step 2.)
8. In settings/manage settings/applications/WSJT-X/JTDX in JTAlert enable "Rebroadcast WSJT-X UDP Packets (received only)" and set the IP Address to 127.0.0.1 and UDP Port number to match that set in Log4OM V2 step 3
Leave a Comment
- 17.4K All Categories
- 107 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 225 The Flea Market
- 5.9K Software
- 5.2K SmartSDR for Windows
- 79 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 161 SmartSDR for Mac
- 172 SmartSDR for iOS
- 171 SmartSDR CAT
- 91 DAX
- 299 SmartSDR API
- 7.5K Radios and Accessories
- 6.2K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 604 Maestro
- 23 FlexControl
- 758 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 308 Genius Products
- 202 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 98 Tuner Genius XL
- 8 Antenna Genius
- 75 Shack Infrastructure
- 40 Networking
- 156 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 74 Contesting
- 220 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 75 Amateur Radio Interests
- 508 Third-Party Software