Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v1.6 video

Comments

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    6 hours late and a dollar short.
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Ernest you must have the patience of a saint!
    Maybe throw a chunk of wire across the bedroom?

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    When I was in grad school, i made a full wave loop for 20 meters (roughly 16 ft per side) and hung it from the suspended ceiling tracks around my room with paper clips, fishing line, and rubber bands.  I made contacts around the country, but I also contacted several of cheap stereo systems and TV's in other apartments in the dorm! Don't let antenna restrictions keep you off the air!  A BAD antenna is better than NO antenna!  (But it is frustrating if you once had a GOOD antenna.)

Ken - NM9P
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Official FlexRadio Systems Video
    SmartSDR 1.6 - Operating Digital Modes
    https://youtu.be/uXM-kRLS1Rg
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Oops...Flex down-res'ed it to 360P.  Too fuzzy to see the details.
    Chris's original was HD.
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Takes a little while for youtube to process videos.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I missed Chris's video but this is just fine by me.
    Great Job everyone at FRS!
    KC2QMA
    John
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Big Tease, Enough Already!  Lol..
  • Randy
    Randy Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    When I try to view the video, youtube  says it is private.
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    If FRS keeps the re-published one Public,  I will flip mine public too.  I do not want to do it first without asking.
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Bob, are  you familiar with Abyssmedia's Multi-channel Recording System program?

I use it to record 8 time stamped audio streams operating VOX simultaneously (it is capable of more than 8 separate channels for an additional price).
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I've gotten the all clear, so it is now set public again.

Thank you all for the positive feedback, but the real praise should go to Flex for making this upcoming release so fantastic.

• Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Roy,

I had noticed that program back when I bought i-Sound, but have not thought of it since.

If 1.6 is not out in the next few days or doesn't have a way of combining transmit and receive audio, I will give their demo a try.  Thanks for the information.

73, Bob, N7ZO
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    You're welcome!

Another option is to use something like Virtual Audio Cable to merge two audio streams (DAX REC 1 and DAX MIC) into a single audio channel and record that stream using i-Sound Recorder?

Since I already have MCRS, I will just dedicate two of its 8 channels to DAX REC 1 and DAX MIC and name the files so that they will interleave in the file directory - then I can use MP3 Splitter Joiner Pro to merge a QSO into a single MP3 file.

Who would have thought this kind of stuff would be available a few years ago?

Ain't technology grand!
  • N7BCP
    N7BCP Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Mind = blown
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    And when it comes out, do yourself a favor and take a look at the documentation.  You'll have a more harmonius outcome.
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    WOW, will not be able to sleep tonght he he ... mouth watering.....now I need to win the lottery for a 6700 and would need a 50 inch monitor. I think by looks you need a good job
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Very impressive and I can see I've a learning curve ahead of me. Very much appreciate the advance look and what is obviously a huge effort to bring very powerful new capabilities to the end user supported by cool videos like this! Thank you for the look! 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Now I hope we get split sorted for RTTY awesome  stuff  thanks Flex this is exciting :)
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I am so ****, after watching this video I want to sell my 6300 and buy anything but a Flex. I have a life outside of ham radio and if I have to go through all this to go on the air, forget it. The video is extremely well done and narrated, this reminds me of the early 90s when you had a long setup using something called Trumpet to get on the internet.
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Trumpet Winsock was easy to configure, unlike Phil Karn's KA9Q which was the only way to get on the Internet with a PC in the very early 90's. I disagree with the main sentiment of your comment though Burt. In my mind, it shows how complex a setup it is possible to create but you absolutely don't need to go to these lengths just to use the radio!
  • Peter Bentley
    Peter Bentley Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Brilliant Barry, I hope FlexRadio are paying you for that, they certainly should be.
    Its a great promotional video for the product.
    best wishes

G4BIM Isle of Wight U.K.
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    My point is before DAX it was a harder setup, couldn't some of the setup in the video be automated as the internet later became and as DAX allowed? If you showed this video to new potential buyers, there would be few potential buyers. But the video is extremely well done.
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    It is a great video, promotional it is not.
  • John-K3MA
    John-K3MA Member
    edited December 2016
    I would just like to inject a different point of view.  As mostly an outsider I have heard and read comments after previous releases about the incomplete Beta testing of the software.

I think this video shows, at least from a data mode perspective, that the person whom made the video takes the role of beta tester very seriously.

To this person...simply thank you.

John K3MA
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    So your opinion is that oms will not buy things that have lots of menus and buttons and cables to connect to do digital modes and are complex to setup... Interesting. This is for you Burt https://youtu.be/PF7EpEnglgk
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Actually, except for showing how complex a setup one can make, it demonstrates to me a level of increased simplicity...only one TX DAX channel; only one column in the DAX control panel which is combined with the CAT panel; right-click on individual DAX or CAT Channel designators in order to adjust properties; CAT properties selectable by clicking on buttons; simpler setup of CAT channel, DAX channel and PTT for digital modes; easy automated selection TX active channel for multiple digital modes; different slices mapped to VFO A status for logging purposes.....and more. I like what it see. But this video was created to show other alpha testers how the new software can push the cutting edge, it isn't a simple tutorial to teach noobies how to set up a simple digi operation. I imagine that will be forthcoming...or I will make one myself once I get a chance to master 1.6 when it is released. Ken - NM9P
  • Peter Bentley
    Peter Bentley Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016

Is that because it tells the truth ???

This discussion has been closed.