Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hercules MIDI with 6300

Comments

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Both versions should be correct now.  Sorry for the mess ups!  And thanks for your patience!

CMD Micro

Standard -  https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hmwjx3j7irpi8z/CMDMicroFlex6k.zip?dl=0

Ex Tuner - https://www.dropbox.com/s/zk4cgrfotizi6ko/CMDMicroFlex6k_ExTune.zip?dl=0

• Javier, KC2QII
    Javier, KC2QII Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    No worries,

Will let you know if I run into anything else.

Again, thanks for all your efforts,

Javier

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    There are a few known bugs with adding a slice,  Freq A jumps 5k and Freq B moves to last position when you spin the dial.  This only happens when you first add slice B.  I have a fix for this and several other small fixes.  I just need to delete some of the incoming data from the radio before its parsed.  But I will wait for more bug reports befor uploading a new release.  I think its fairly usable now.  Please keep the bug reports flowing so I can get this dialed in.  Thanks again!

William
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    fantastic job, William..

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thank you, William! I have found no new bugs, and the LSB->USB one is
    fixed. 
    As you said before, everyone has his own operating method. I like to
    change profiles often, as I work more than 90% digital modes like JT,
    which need a lot of special settings. Your program now stays connected
    even while changing profiles, whereas before you had to reconnect.
    Great!
    73, Alex DH2ID
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    All,

I have created a new revamped (I know for the 100000000th time) :) version for the CMD Micro.  This version has the following updates:

1.  Fixed bugs with filter changes with dual slices open
    2.  Fixed bug with slice B mode not parsed correctly at start up
    3.  Fixed bug with VFOB frequency not parsed correctly at start up
    4.  Made use of functions to clean up code
    5.  Created a file in the data directory called atu.txt.  Edit this file contents to true if using external ATU.  This way I don't have to keep updating two versions :)
    6.  And many other small changes

Please test it out and let me know if you have any issues.

Dropbox is down, but will upload code as soon as its back online!

William

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    William - It's an addiction, isn't it!  It never ends... there are always more things that can be added...when does it ever stop!  ha ha!
    The beauty is that the more we understand the API, and the Processing program and midi functions, the easier and faster it is to do new things.

A suggestion:
    You might consider renaming your file with a date code, as I have been doing at home  "Flex_DJControlMP3LE_2015-03-30" or something like it.  Whenever I download one of your copies, I rename it so I don't get confused as to which version is the latest!

BTW, I just got the email that my new micro controller was just delivered.  But I won't get to play any until tonight after about 8:30 pm.

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I am starting as of this upload to use version numbers.  Yes I get confused myself :)  I spent an hour last night updating an old version and didnt understand why things didn't work correctly Doh!!
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Here is the newest version for the CMD Micro

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3tj67vpbg2jq0eu/CMD6k-v1.1.zip?dl=0

• Javier, KC2QII
    Javier, KC2QII Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    William,

The newest version works very well with my desktop PC (I would say flawlessly, but do not want to jinx it)

I moved the CMD Micro to my laptop for testing, also with the latest version and ran into problems.  The application does not seem to find and connect to the radio, even though the correct IP address was entered.  The Frequency displays on the CMDMicroFlex6k start at 0.0000000 and I can vary the display value from there.

The Flex 6300 works without issues through the latpop.

I suspect I am having a port issue with my Wireless Router, given that I changed  changed the stock firmware to a DD-WRT version last Sunday.

Are there any ports unique to the for the CMDMicroFlex6k  communication with the radio ?

Javier

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Here is a test version I want everyone to test.  This version discovers the radio IP with UDP.  I know I said I was not going to do this.  But it was much easier than I thought.  It still needs cleaning up, but please let me know if it WORKS..LOL

You do not need a CMD or any midi device to try this.  Just run the program and let me know if it returns your IP correctly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxc6rvzhttswr62/CMDMicroFlex6k_v1_2_discovery.zip?dl=0

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Javier,

I really can't say what is going on here.  It is very possible it is your windows firewall blocking access to the APP.  The router should not make any difference wired vs wifi.  I would suspect the windows firewall and/or norton etc.

WIlliam
  • Javier, KC2QII
    Javier, KC2QII Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Well, I tried it with my Windows and router SPI Firewall turned off, without change, so I turned both back on. 

The good news is that I tried it with 1_2 and although it did not populated the IP address windows the first time, it took the manual entry and it worked!

The second time I started the program, it found the IP address of the radio by itself.

Thanks,

Javier
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    One other thing.  The 6000 has a max number of clients that can connect at any given time.  So try rebooting your computers (all of them that may have hung connections to radio) that may has a connection to the radio and try again.   I have ran into this issue a few times with hung tcp sessions to my 6300.  A reboot of the computers fixed it. 

I just reproduced this error.  So this may be your issue,  So reboot all your PC's that you use to connect to radio, and then try your laptop again,

V1.2.0.0
            H########
                     MF3000001|The maximum number of connected clients has been reached
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I will fix the issue where sometimes the app does not get the ip.  this is just a waiting issue.  this test version just uses a set delay.  I just need to change it from a fixed delay to a wait until :)  easy fix, but not tonight :)  I was just concerned if it was getting the IP correctly and it seems it is.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Your test version works, discovers IP correctly without having to set ip.txt and could
    set it automatically. atu.txt also works.
    73, Alex DH2ID
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Here is a new version for the CMD Micro.

This one has an improved discovery function.  Try it out and let me know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r382qq999834gau/CMDMicroFlex6k_v1_3.zip?dl=0

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    No CMD here but the discovery worked

AL, K0VM
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for checking!
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hello William,
    the program sends a message now: Flex-6000 found. You have to click OK
    then and then click again to start the program - 1 step more, bu´t program works.
    73, Alex DH2ID
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hey, that is great.  Could you even make it discover the MIDI Devices and give you a list of devices found and ask which one you wish to use?

You could even have it ask whether you are using an External ATU and eliminate the need for a text file.....

Here is an Idea I have that I will try next week when my schedule clears:

I am planning on making a section at the beginning, near the variable's definitions, that will serve as a primitive MIDI Mapping routine.  That way I will only need to change a number in one location in order to change which button or CC control I want to use for various functions.  I will then use variables for the "channel" numbers instead of needing to change a number in for or more places in all those different if/then/else statements.
    Hopefully it will make arranging my control panel much easier.
    I can leave currently unused functions in the program and either comment them out or link them to unused numbers.

Then I will be able to quickly make different versions of the program for different controllers, depending upon my needs, or my whims, by simply changing the key assignment numbers in the list.

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I think Alex is correct, less is more.  So more input dialogs is just a nuisance.  With that said, a more generic version with dialogs would be a good idea.

But for this dedicated version, less if more.

So here is another all new version with no prompts at all.  It displays the found info on the main app screen.  Its pretty slick, and I like it much better.  Hope yall do also!

Check it out!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2cwvflcefyklps/CMDMicroFlex6k_v1_4.zip?dl=0

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That's great, William, now I even get a nice welcome ;-)
    The program works fine here, no new or old bugs...
    73, Alex DH2ID 
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Great to know! Glad its working good for you! 

This CMD micro is by far my favorite.  And at $69 it performs very well. 

William
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    William,

This is an interest thread to watch and see develop. Would you be willing to do another video in landscape mode showing the CMD Micro in use to demonstrate the all the functionally? That is if you have the time.

Your work here is impressive and great presentation of the Flex Radio community strength.
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Sure If I get a chance.  My biggest challenge is finding a way to get the controller and screen in the same shot.  Maybe one of the other user can post a video also.  I will try to figure out a way and make the video when I get a chance.

William
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    What I like about the CMD micro controller is that it fits exactly into my small shack. With your program it's just the perfect controller for SmartSDR, because it runs on a separate screen and I had to click everyhing with the mouse. 73, Alex DH2ID
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I made a quick video, but it's huge and will take a long time to upload.  I'll post it when its done.  But please excuse my rambling and use of the word uh! 100 times  LOL.  Its hard to hold a camera, explain what I'm doing and press the correct buttons :)

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Sounds like a tripod would be a big advantage for you. I am sure it will be a great added value in understanding the interfacing with SDR for those us that don't have a MIDI control. Thank you for taking the time to post one.
  • Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    It seems like a good choice as the Hercules is hard to mount vertically like a radio front panel.  This looks like it would be good for that and for a laptop.

Any thought for adding band buttons up and down?

Thanks for the software....

Bob, W7KWS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.