Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TeensyMaestro

1234568»

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Broomfield, COMember, Super Elmer Moderator

TeensyMaestro V1.028 is now available on GitHub:

***************************** V 1.029 ***************************
     Fixed bug where cleared RIT and XIT retained their old value under certain conditions
     Added support for TSC2007 touch controller (STMPE-610 went unobtanium but is still supported)
     Removed long touch to turn off TX on a slice. Short touch will now toggle TX on/off.
     Expanded Splash touch screen area to include filter graphic area
     Added grayed out Slice letter for unused slice (provides touch target to create a slice)

The big news is that the TSC2007 touch controller from Adafruit is now available. The Bill Of Materials was updated to show that the STMPE610 is no longer available and that the TSC2007 replaces it. The same executable (.hex file) will operate with either touch controller.

@TimothyDilks - How is your build going? Last post your TM looked really good and just needed some of that tedious wiring for the encoders and switches. If you are stuck on anything, let me know and I can do a Skype session with you to help sort it out. If you have an actual life and just haven't had time to work on it, I am probably not that much help... 😁

@David Okay Patton - Yes, it was great seeing you! All that rain slowing your tower build would be welcome here...

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Nice work guys! Very impressed.

Dave wo2x

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Broomfield, COMember, Super Elmer Moderator

A couple of people have recently asked me about the Teensy vs Arduino decision that I made when I created the TeensyMaestro. Here is a chart of relative performance across a bunch of boards from the PJRC.com site:

I started the project with the Arduino Due and ended up with the Teensy 4.1. The Teensy was way cheaper, way faster and has built in ethernet. I used it with the Arduino IDE (development platform) by adding the Teensyduino add-in. It lets you program the Teensy just as if it was an Arduino.

I initially chose the Arduino Due because that is what Enzo, IW7DMH used. He wrote an entire library around the Arduino for the Flex API. Adapting the library from the Arduino to the Teensy was trivial. Even though the Due is fast enough to run the Flex API, the Teensy is so much cheaper and does not burn precious I/O pins with an outboard ethernet adapter that it is a much better choice for this application.

That is it in a nutshell. No big feasibility study - just me saying "Huh... that looks like an interesting gizmo to try...". If you are interested in doing anything like this, you might want to look at the Teensy boards from PJRC.com. You can even use Node Red to code it. I don't know how mature the Teensy and Arduino support is for Node Red, but it is out there and available.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.