Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any update on Tuner Genius?

13»

Answers

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭

My question relates to TG " Early Purchaser" cases- can these buyers select between 2X2 and 1X3 version of TG?

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭

Let me help here... Previous Post stated that if you were on record with Flex as a "Early Purchaser" then Flex contacted you where you were asked to choose between a 1X4 or SO2R. If you have not been contacted then either you are not in the Early Purchaser List or Missing. Outside looking in, I suggest you contact Flex Sales to verify if you are or are not on the list. I too believe this was covered in earlier posts.

Richard - N4RWG

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭

SRI... Contacted you abut wanting a "1X3" or SO2R... SRI Typo

• JP - KG5ZZB
    JP - KG5ZZB FlexRadio Employee

This is a good time for an update on this post.

The TGXL will be available in late Q3/Q4 2021.

You can add yourself to the waiting list here https://www.flexradio.com/products/tuner-genius-xl/

The folks that are part of the free tuner deal have already been contacted, and we will start shipping them soon!.

• JP - KG5ZZB
    JP - KG5ZZB FlexRadio Employee

No need to email Lori folks. Just add yourself to the waiting list, and we'll contact you.

https://www.flexradio.com/products/tuner-genius-xl/

• K5UFO
    K5UFO Member ✭✭

Just received an email from Flex requesting confirmation of my shipping address. They did not give a ship date, but The TGXL is coming! I ordered my PGXL during the last month of the free tuner offer. December 2017, I think. Regardless I am looking forward to getting it.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭

As did I

It will be a welcome addition to the shack I am sure, I ordered my AMP in about September 2017 so the shipment must be a BIG one

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭

I received an email from Lori on May 24, 2021 to confirm my address for my free TG-XL shipment, although no ship date was given. Hoping for delivery this month.

Butch, KF4HR

• Bill AB7AA
    Bill AB7AA Member ✭✭

Preliminary TGXL user guide available on the download site.

Bill AB7AA

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭
    edited June 8
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭

Just downloaded the "Preliminary" Tuner Genius XL User Guide (72 Pages). Quite a detailed package and easy to read. Those "Non" Flex Radio Owners are taken care of too. Looks like one powerful Antenna Tuner. Also downloaded the TGXL Utility Program and loaded it on the computer. Looking forward to receiving my unit as one of the "Early Birds". Now starting to see the Software and soon Firmware on the Flex Site gives me a feeling that "soon" something will ship out. Still no TGXL Firmware on the Flex Sight but I am sure that will be soon also.

Fingers Crossed....

Richard - N4RWG

• dan flynn
    dan flynn Member ✭✭

The Preliminary Tuner Genius XL User Guide is well on its way to being a finished product. Nice Job. I did have to look up what Lorem ipsum meant. :)

One question ...Is there a way to recall stored manual matched combinations?

Situation: the ability to quickly recall tuning solutions for out-of-band Short Wave, WWV or AM broadcast stations. 

Maybe this is already done automatically when you select the frequency on the radio? Just unclear in my mind.

All the best,

Dan - WW3N

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭

The tuner is almost irrelevant on receive. Any signal losses due to mismatch are easily compensated by a little more gain at the receiver. I use an external tuner, but I just turn it off for receiving outside the ham bands.

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭

Since the Subject of this link is "Any Update on Tuner Genius" I am asking all those PGXL "Early Birds" and not the Beta Testers, has anyone received their TGXL yet? Comments? I know that I have already been contact some time ago about my Shipping Address and any Special Instructions. Also Downloaded the TGXL Utility Program and that is loaded into the computer. The Preliminary Manual has been read "inside and out". Now the Utility Program is "lonely" and is looking for some TGXL Data to manipulate...... Let us know if you received the TGXL and what you think of it. TNX

Richard - N4RWG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.