Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Repair load

Any idea what the repair load/lag is lately? RMA'd a 6400M a couple weeks ago and crickets...

Answers

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

I would think getting ready and attending the Hamvention 2023 may slow things up a bit. I think a good average turn around is about 4 weeks...just my 2 cents...

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

In the past it seemed a lot of things slowed down at Flex Radio during Hamvention. But, that was years ago when they were a smaller company. I would hope if everything came to a halt because most of their staff was at the Hamvention they would announce that ahead of time so customers would not be expecting communication from them about issues like service on customer equipment. It wouldn't be that hard to do. And would make customers feel much better knowing that their particular issues will be addressed. I too have a radio in for service. Next Tuesday it will have been there two weeks. With no communication from Flex Radio as to where my radio is in their service queue, it's anybody's guess as to when they will even get to check it out. It wouldn't hurt for them to mention how big of a backlog of repairs they have.

Good thing I have a 5000A and other radios for times like this.

James

WD5GWY

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

They apparently don't give you ETAs or position in queue for repairs. I guess you will just have to be surprised when it is completed.

• bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭

I just had the same experience and it was concerning. I did get notified when receiving sent it to Service Department. Receiving was very quick to respond. I was told that I would get notified when the service tech started to work on your equipment. That is exactly what happened and it was then quickly repaired and returned.

While it was in queue I did not get responses to my too often enquirers. I don’t think they monitor the help desk ticket while waiting for service but don’t know for sure.

Depending on what is being serviced and the parts they have, can affect the actual repair. Like the Tuner Genius may not have a complete set of repair parts and not aware how they handle that situation.

My PGXL repair had the parts they needed and was quick after the 3 weeks in queue before the tech analyzed the amp. I needed to be more patient. If everyone called service the tech would spend their technical time replying to all the inquiries and not fixing your equipment.

Bill

W9JJB

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Received email update earlier today. My radio is now in the examination room being checked out by the Flex Radio doctor. Results pending.......

James

WD5GWY

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Please keep my radio in your prayers. It is headed into surgery for a new fan and a couple of other procedures. Hopefully, all should be fine.

James

WD5GWY

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

When you send in a repair you will:

• Hear when it is arrived and checked in
    • You will next hear about it when it lands on the bench to start work

There just isn't time to answer status emails, but rest assured, it is First In / First Out format. It is our goal to move them as fast and reliably as we can.

Thanks for your patience.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Out of surgery and recovery. The patient is feeling much better. Awaiting billing and return home ETA. Billing and shipping probably won't be until Tuesday at the earliest as I figure FRS will be closed Monday for Memorial Day. All in all, not bad given the workload they are probably experiencing.

James

WD5GWY

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Good news. Out of the Flex Radio hospital and on it's way home!!

James

WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.