Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

A radio for transverter only use

Mike-VA3MW
Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
edited February 2023 in New Ideas

I want to thank K9WK for this idea.

What about a 2 SCU radio that would be used for transverter support.

You would be able to connect 2 transverters and use them both at the same time for things like satellite work (2 - Q5 transverters).

It would be like a FLEX-6600 but only have 10dbm RF out and no band pass filters as they would not be required.

They would cover from 30khz - 54Mhz at transmit continuously at 10dbm. This would also allow them to be used for 2200M and 630M.

If you make it small, you could actually install it near the antennas resulting in less RF loss in feedlines.

By not having the power amplifiers and band pass filters it would reduce the cost of the radio (not sure how much). As well, maybe make it smaller.

Thanks Mark for the idea.

6 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• K9YK
    K9YK Member ✭✭

Thanks Mike! The cost of the 6600 could be reduced by eliminating the HF amplifier, low pass filters, and ATU. I would think a transverter only 6600 would make the ultimate driver for the best possible VHF/UHF/microwave rig at a lower cost.

Mark - K9YK

• pagreen69
    pagreen69 Member ✭✭

That sounds like a very Flexible (see what I did there) idea and potentially opens the radios up to more bands, uses and users.

Pete G0ABI

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭

Seems like Flex development resources for us hamradio customers are very much limited. I would very much prefer Flex using them resources to sort out what should be working already.

73, Johan, SE3X

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.