Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Playback Audio volume

When I record CQ CQ for a xmit loop it plays back too loud when in transmit.
Not too loud actual Xmit but the playback audio is way loud and I'd like to turn it lower.

Best Answers

• John R
    John R Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    red button on the Band/Mode/Filter page by touching the Frequency area of the Screen.
    Quick Record
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

The Quick record was designed to record received audio and play it back to someone who may be adjusting their microphone. It was not really intended to record your transmission to us as a CQ voice keyer.

This might be a bug, but I doubt it was ever reported. You will need to open a support ticket to pursue further.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

You can control the Transmit audio level in DAX. This will not affect your MIC audio, only audio played from your computer including Digital modes.

• John R
    John R Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the Reply Mike.
    Not sure how to apply it though.
    Flex 6400M, can't find that view!
    No computer involved.
    HW version 3.3.33.10471
  • Mike-VA3MW

Where is your CQ message being generated and what input are you using?

• John R
    John R Member ✭✭
    TNX Mike I think you've hit the nail on the head!
    I have been using it in this way ( as a voice keyer) for sometime.
    Is there another way?
    No outside computer involved.
  • Mike-VA3MW

You might want to have a look at the MFJ-434 voice keyer.

There are also a number of DIY kits.

• John R
    John R Member ✭✭

MFJ?? Realy

tnx flex

• Mike-VA3MW

There are many others that you may find by searching. The I used to use by Idiom Press is not longer available.

• John R
    John R Member ✭✭

Figured it out Mike.

Touch menu

Touch Audio

Mute or adjust Master Audio-preset

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.