Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL -- Automatic switch to STANDBY when disconnected?

My setup is a 6600 and PGXL. The PGXL is on the latest version, 3.6.24. The 6600 and SSDR is running the latest version 3.3.33. My understanding is that when I shut down for the day the PGXL should be left in STANDBY rather than OPERATE based on the notes in the manual. STANDBY mode disables the power supply in the PGXL and turns the backlight to yellow. The manual says it can be left in STANDBY indefinitely.

My PGXL is directly plugged into a 220 supply. Currently it will stay in what ever mode it is left in when everything else (radio, SSDR, etc) is shut / powered down. See snapshot below. Also the PGXL backlight remains GREEN. Currently it is an extra step to manually toggle to STANDBY mode and one that is easy to forget.

QUESTIONs:

Is there a setting that would automatically set the PGXL to STANDBY when I shut down SSDR?

Or perhaps it could just be trigged by the loss of the radio connection.

If not, is that a feature that can be added?

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6600 Win10 Pro V2004 -- SSDR V3.3.33

**** SSDR has been shut down and powered off, PGXL remains in OPERATE mode ****

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

At this time, no, but I am sure there is something in NodeRed that could make it work. @David Decoons, wo2x might have crafted up.

You could send an email to 4O3A and ask them if they have considered it.

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Mike,

Thanks and I sent the question to 4O3A. I'll post an update when I get the reply.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Here is the reply from 4O3A....

Reply from 4O3A:

Sounds reasonable and It has been added to the features list.  

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I agree it would be a good idea but have it available to toggle either enabled or disabled due to possible MultiFlex operation.

SmartSDR for MAC does have the option to have the amp set to standby when shutting down SmartSDR.

I can do it in Node Red very easily. Have one button soft shut down radio, put amp and tuner to standby, then after 2 minutes shut down DC power to radio.

Dave wo2x

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Dave/wo2x wrote:

I agree it would be a good idea but have it available to toggle either enabled or disabled due to possible MultiFlex operation.

Yes, if the PGXL is going to monitor the connections it would need to insure that all users / radios have disconnected before switching to standby. And on the groups.io forum another user suggested adding a setting option to allow the user to control the automated standby operation.

I did communicate with 4O3A and got favorable feedback, I expect they will consider the various use cases in evaluating the logic.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Easy to detect from the Flex Radio Discovery Packet.

One of the variables included in the packet is the number of available clients. When this is two (Flex on, no clients connected, or if the packet is no longer seen (Flex powered down), send an API command to the PG to go to standby.

Alan. WA9WUD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.