Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Connect HRD Logbook with Slicemaster?

I normally use ddutil to connect HRD logbook which works fine. It looks like Slicemaster should be able to do the same but I can't get it to work. My goal is to have to only open Slicemaster for most tasks connecting with the 6600.

Does anyone have this working and can you provide some tips to make this work?

I have the HRD TCP Listener enabled and try to match the same port on HRD IP Server but no joy.

Thank you

Comments

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

I was using Slicemaster with HRD but had to stop because after a while the two frequency readouts would blank out, still shows connected HRD is no longer communicating with my 6700. Here are some screenshots

The above one shows the two frequencies upon a new connection via Slicemaster and logbooks logs as should but an hour or more later, they disappear. Does not do that with DDutil so I'm assuming it must be Slicemaster issue, I researched and could not find anyone with a similar issue so maybe it's my particular Slicemaster install.

Anyways to help you out with Slicemaster setup see the HRD radio pane config, the port must be the same in the Slicemaster sync tab, under HRD TCP Listener, it should be enabled of course.

• Doug Wilson
    Doug Wilson Member ✭✭

Thank you! It's working. I'll let you know if I experience the same connection issue.

Sure appreciate you taking the time to provide a detailed answer.

N1KB

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Thanks for asking and answering. I was just contemplating this setup myself.

You gave me some ideas.

• bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭

I use HRD and have for a long time.

I have to start SmartSDR first then SliceMaster then HRD.

I have not manually setup the HRD listeners but that doesn’t mean that SliceMaster is not doing that automatically or learned from past SliceMaster setup.

For information purposes you may want to look at the SliceMaster ini file to see the various parameters.

Although you can start logbook only it has problems with starting. Starting SRD from the main app starts all the needed processes. I just minimize the rig control Screen.

Bill

W9JJB

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I now have my HRD logbook connected via SliceMaster

It works wonderfully.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.