Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

VARA HF 4.0.6 With Winlink 1.5.33 SETTINGS

2»

Comments

• Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭

Here is the audio tab:

• Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭

WSJT-X is now working. I didn't realize I had to create a PTT port. I'll try the same now with Vara

• Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭

No joy..... I can only "Test" transmit in the setup for vara......If I use a PTT port there, it will not test. :(

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

That all looks good. WSJT-X transmits? I will need to look at my VARA config - as it is on Windows under parallels (I use a Mac), i just don’t use it too often, but it does work just fine with my 6600M.

• Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭

Yes, WSJT-X is working fine now that I assign a PTT port for RTS part. Tried the same thing with Vara and it won't even test for PTT.

Thanks

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

Here are my settings for VARA and WinLink Express, Ken - hopefully the screenshots work out OK.

First the WinLink VARA HF "Radio" settings (complete with SSDR CAT window):

Then the VARA HF "Soundcard" settings (complete with SSDR DAX window):

• Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭

All settings in the Flex look correct, however, Vara HF P2P Settings box you show is not even similar to what I see in WinLink Express or varac

Thanks

• Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭

More info.

When running winlink express, it will connect to the TNC then time out:

• Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭

YES !!!!

I removed all the TCP ports and it started working. However, the connection window keeps closing, reconnecting to the TNC, everything looks good for a minute, the it closes the window again and start over.

So, I'll just keep playing with it. I really appreciate the time you took to help.

73's

Ken - W4CCZ

• Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭

Just wanted to leave one last comment to say all is working fine now and thank you for the help.

Ken - W4CCZ

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

Glad you got it working, Ken. Not sure why the settings windows were different :-( I tend to always have the latest versions installed. But then I use Windows rarely, only when using WinLink for communications exercises with Club members.

• Ted
    Ted Member
    edited April 2023
    Trying to use VARA and Winlink with a Flex 3000. Is this possible? So far I have it "working" in that it can initiate a session, and I hear the other station responding with good signal level, but no connect. Then it times out. Are there some settings in PSDR or VARA that I need to tweak?
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

Ted, you at the mercy of latency. The connection sequence requires a very quick tx/rx turnaround. Until very recently (after Flex did some work on reducing digital signal latency) you couldn’t get two Flex radios (6000’s) connecting. You need to do everything you can to reduce delays.

Of course you are using a 3000 with PSDR, so things are different, but the need for low latency does not change.

• WY5PER
    WY5PER Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue Ken was having with the timeout happening then an endless closing and opening of the session window. I can't even change the center freq or calling freq or anything. It just crashes and tries again repeatedly with everything blank. The session window is frozen while this is happening, can't click File or anything? Do the VarAC settings effect the Vara HF at all?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.