Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Setting Up MMTTY to work with my 6400M

Mark Griffin
Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Third-Party Software

Good evening,

I would like to setup MMTTY to work with my 6400M.

I assume that one sets the Reception to DAX audio RX 1. The question is what do I set the Transmission to? There is a DAX audio TX. I was wondering if that was the right choice or not. Is there any flexradio documents that explain how to setup MMTTY to the Flex 6000 Series of radio's? Or, perhaps are there any video's on Youtube that would describe how to do this?

Thanks!

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Best Answers

Answers

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭

Mike made this video recently and should cover what you need.

https://youtu.be/QBmBlMaVJzc

• Thanks Mike!

Mark

• [{"insert":"This video is great for setting up n1mm+ for rtty contesting but doesn't answer the question how to set up my 6400m to work with MMTTY.\n"}]
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Start MMTTY, go to Option(O), Setup MMTTY(O)... and select the SoundCard tab. Set it as follows:

This assumes that you will be using DAX channel 1.

Now set the mode to RTTY and select DAX channel 1:

Finally, make sure that DAX is turned on:

I think that is all there is to it. I set this up a long time ago, so I may have missed a step. Please let me know how this works for you.

• I'm sorry but this setup did not work for me. I even added a CAT com port to enter in MMTTY but no joy. Nothing seems to key the Flex. I have a 6400M and do not generally use the SDR software because it is so buggy. Since the update to 3.3.33 the DAX audio randomly drops out if you're not paying attention. I have gone back to my Icom 7610 for RTTY since it is much more reliable. The Flex works fine with N1MM+ as a contesting rig for RTTY but for casual operating it has been a bust. If you find a PTT method that will work between MMTTY and the Flexradio I would love to hear about it! Thanks!
  • Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭

To confirm. When you use N1MM and MMTTY for contests everything works ok, the 6400 is keyed fine but when you just use the 6400 and MMTTY without N1MM it doesn't work?

• Sorry, dropped the thread. But yes, works great through N1MM+. Reception great but no PTT with standalone MMTTY. The Flex is the most fun RTTY rig I've ever used.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.