Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TGXL and PGXL not showing up in their Utilities on Remote Computer

NG0Z
NG0Z Member ✭✭

I had both working on the WIFI at the transmitter site on the remote PC but of course that is on the same network that the 6400, TGXL and PGXL are direct-connected via ethernet cables.

I got home and added the TGXL exactly as the manual prescribes (very short and sweet) on the very same remote computer and the Utility is stuck "Connecting." Also tried adding it as a remote device at the radio site via Google Desktop.

The PGXL also does not show up in it's PGXL Utility on the remote end and that utility doesn't specify remote vs. local. I believe it should just show up.

I can access both directly via Google Desktop on the onsite PC. The PGXL section shows up in SmartSDR on the remote computer, but again, not in the utility on the remote computer.

I used a four-digit numeric passcode for the access code on the tuner. The amp doesn't ask for one. Perhaps it doesn't like the password or my nicknames?

What am I missing?

Thank you,

John

NG0Z

Comments

• Ben Morris
    Ben Morris Member ✭✭

Hi John…I am having this same issue connecting remotely outside my home network via the iOS apps. Did you get an answer or solution? I’m sure I am missing something too but noticed no one replied to you here in the community.

Ben KT4O

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Have a look at the User Guide as Genius devices are only available on iPads not iPhones

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.