Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New issue since 3.3.33...

Mike Agnew
Mike Agnew Member ✭✭
edited October 2022 in SmartSDR for Windows

Never seen this one before, but when I change bands on say, slice B, it also changes the band to the same in slice A, and vice-versa. Have carefully tried to avoid this many times, sometimes successfully, many times not. Can't reliably duplicate it, meaning I can't figure out what's causing this. Anybody else seeing this, or is this of course one of those "just me" problems?

Mike

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Mike Agnew

The first thing I would check is to make sure are not running something like FRStack at the same time or any other program.

Is this on an M model or Maestro? Can you mention what client you are using?

• Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭

This is a 6300. I normally run with SpotCollector and DXView and nothing else that I know of.

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭

What means are you using to change bands ?

AL, K0VM

• Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭

By selecting the band from the left-hand box on the slice I want to change, directly from the SDR display.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

As a test, I would reboot the computer (and maybe the radio).

Start SmartSDR and test. Do not start any other programs. See if you can recreate it.

If so, I would do a radio reset next.

• Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭

Well, here we go again. The only way I can stay on the air is to never reboot either my computer or the Flex. So, I rebooted both. Now when I try to launch the radio via the SmartSDR icon, I get the dreaded "Connection Lost...X...SmartSDR for Windows has lost connection to the radio. Please reconnect."

The only way I've been able to resolve this issue is to completely reset the radio. Several HelpDesk tickets have pointed me towards a corrupt SD card, which has now been replaced twice, once back at your shop.

Very frustrating. Ugh...

• Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭

Hi Mike:

I am appreciating you helping me here. Do you think there is a way to definitively identify the cause of this problem, rather than just resorting to continually resetting the radio and/or replacing the SD card.

I really appreciate it,

Mike

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭

Does the lost connection occur when the radio is connected directly to the PC ( no router or switch ). ?

Connect radio ethernet cable directly to the PC, and reboot both with a radio power cycle.

Does the connection problem exist if you try another PC ?

Does the connection problem exisit if you try a different ethernet cable when directly connected ?

I don't know what you have previously tried.

AL, K0VM

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Hi Mike, after you do a radio hard reset are you reloading ANY settings or profiles?

if you are one of your profiles may be bad and you may want to NOT reloaded your old settings.

Just a thought and grasping at straws.

• Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭

Thank you Al and Bret!

All of these things sound familiar and I had tried them as part of trying to resolve the issue in several previous Help Desk tickets, but I can't recall the results, so I just did them all again, as follows:

1. Does the lost connection occur when the radio is connected directly to the PC ( no router or switch ). ? YES, THE BEHAVIOR IS EXACTLY THE SAME.
    2. Connect radio ethernet cable directly to the PC, and reboot both with a radio power cycle. DONE, WITH THE SAME BAD BEHAVIOR RESULT THIS MORNING.
    3. Does the connection problem exist if you try another PC ? UNKNOWN, AS I DO NOT HAVE ANOTHER PC AT MY DISPOSAL.
    4. Does the connection problem exisit if you try a different ethernet cable when directly connected ? YES, WITH A DIFFERENT CABLE THE PROBLEM CONTINUES.
    5. After you do a radio hard reset are you reloading ANY settings or profiles? IN PREVIOUS EPISODES OF THIS SAME PROBLEM, I HAVE AVOIDED RELOADING ANY SAVED SETTINGS OR PROFILES, JUST IN CASE. FOR THE CURRENT EPISODE, I HAVE NOT YET PERFORMED A HARD RESET, AS I WOULD LIKE TO DISCOVER WHAT IS ACTUALLY CAUSING THIS PROBLEM FIRST.

Thank you both for your help and suggestions, and open to any further troubleshooting ideas!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

• Mike-VA3MW

This has been moved to our support ticketing system.

This discussion has been closed.