Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

anyone have vox dropout with V3.3.32 ?

2»

Answers

• Manfred
    Manfred Member
    Sorry but I'm going to be angry about this error. We hear always the same from Flex but without a solution so far. I own a 6400 and a 6300 which doesnt work anymore. I'm with smart sdr since Version 1. I had this VOX problem as long as I have these radios. I was software test manager at a big insurance company in Switzerland. If we uses such a mass of time, to work around a basic thing, they would fire the whole department!
    I tried it all to work with this issue, but now I'm really angry - no informations, no more real updates, just a lot of marketing bla bla. Sorry about my bad English and not so lovely words, but I had to tell my thoughts.
    For Flexradio I hope things changes very fast. Yes I love my 6400 but I also hate it seconds later. It seems to have a serious bipolar disorder, like I have:-)) Just love and hate it, which one will be the winner?
  • Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭

Manfred, I feel your pain. There are some persistent and basic flaws with these very expensive radios, and Flex Radio is aware of them. However, they seem to be unable or incapable of fixing them in a reasonable time. If you go to the hamfest and listen to their presentations they tell you that they are working on it, but can not and will not give you an extimated date of repair. They will make excuses as to why it is so hard to fix these issues. They will apologize and tell you they are hiring more engineers. They will tell you just about anything, but they don't seem to fix anything. New Software = New Problems not new radio. Putting in a help ticket doesn't work either. They just kick the can down the road and close your ticket. Good concept radio with very poor support. One of the main reasons I bought a Flex radio was for the promise of more software updates to the radio. I've had my rig for three years now and have seen one or two new features along with a boat load of new problems. Many of my friends will not upgrade their Flex Radios because of the many issues or because the new software just isn't worth the $200 for very limited features. I am disguseted with Flex Radio.

Pete K1OYQ

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

I’m one of those that won’t upgrade. The version I have functions well enough for what I do. Flex has announced an additional person to develop a more robust test plan, but I suspect that resource is fully engaged with the military/commercial effort, along with almost all the coders. The only releases in the last few years are desperation fixes. Fortunately the help desk is far better than the support provided by other vendors.

• Brian  K0BUS
    Brian K0BUS Member ✭✭

I to have seen the VOX issue recently and in the past time to time. Also I experienced the audio issue that was reported where my audio was heard to be muffled. After changing the setting and then going back to my original setting....POOF...all was normal and everyone said I sounded like normal again. Its really getting old.

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭

I'm pretty sure Flex is aware of this issue, but they have yet to fix it. Please put in a help ticket so they and we (the Flex Community) have some documentation of it. Otherwise, it may just slip through the cracks on the next (if ever) software update. New Software = New Problems =/= (NOT) New Radio.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Just an update

Not everyone is experiencing this, so before we confirm that the person with the issue is actually experiencing the issue, we want to make sure that it is not a setup issue first. That is why we always ask. Sometimes it is a simple setting that needs reviewing.

A lot of problems are solved by support reviewing configuration settings first, especially for new users who are still figuring things out.

73 all

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭

I'm not cutting Flex any slack on this one. There are too many little items that Flex could and should fix in short order. Newer features should have been added long ago in order to keep up with comtetition. Flex is resting on its laurels and it will bite them hard in the Amatuer Radio department, but I honestly don't think Flex cares. They are making too much money elsewhere. New Software = New Problems =/= (NOT) New Radio.

Pete K1OYQ

• K5XH
    K5XH Member ✭✭

When I upgraded to 2.8 I noticed that this problem got a lot worse. VOX wold drop out once in a while when I was on 2.6. VOX is basically unusable now.

Mark K5XH

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.