Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Where is Version 2.6.2.50?

Can someone please point me to where I can download the installer for SSDR Version 2.6.2.50? I just spent 15 minutes trying to find it on the website. I found versions 1.12, 2.4, 2.7, and 2.8 but no 2.6. All the versions used to be in a nice tree structure that was easy to use but apparently that is gone now.

Thanks,

Mark K5XH

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

If we pulled down a version, there was a reason and likely covered in the release notes of the current version.

Back in 2.6, it did contain a bug in the file system that could damage SD cards.

If you can't get the latest version installed, you need to open a support ticket so we can work through it with you. We are pretty good with that sort of thing.

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Hi Mark... unfortunately, Tim's note here doesn't explain the reasoning behind removing the older version of 2.x. I don't know if you were in the thread that talked about the upgrades at that time, but a problem was found in the code that could potentially corrupt the SD card in the radio. Hence, all these 'old' versions of software were removed.

It would be best for you to upgrade to 2.8. Be careful tho, since the upgrade process may show that there is a problem with your SD card. If that's the case (i.e. the update fails), then get in touch with the Help Desk. They are really good at turning around a new SD card to you in these cases.

Fingers crossed for you.... (My upgrade went without a hitch!)

• K5XH
    K5XH Member ✭✭

Thanks Tim and Don!

That makes sense. I missed Tim's announcement. I've been using 2.6.2 since it came out and everything seems to work for me. I'm a little reluctant to maybe fix what's not broken!

I am aware of the SD card problem. It has not been an issue for me - yet.

Question for Tim - Can I move to 2.8 if my W10 Pro OS is stuck on version 1909? I have tried several methods and I have been unable to move past that release. Seems the only way I will be able to update the Window's OS is to buy a new version and start from scratch. What a pain!

73, Mark

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

Hi Mark,

Have you downloaded the Windows installation media:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

• K5XH
    K5XH Member ✭✭

Hi Geoff,

I tried the "Update Now" option. After an hour or so it said it could not upgrade my system and set everything back like it was. I have created the installation medium and just haven't had the time to try option yet.

73, Mark

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

Hi Mark,

I hope the installation will go smoothly for you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.