Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hacked?

K6JV
K6JV Member ✭✭

I have two Maestros. Both are now showing another callsign and it will not allow me to sign in. I changed my password and both still come up with someone else's callsign.

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I would submit a help desk ticket.

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭

several hours later, now my callsign when I log in but Smartlink shows no available radios. Rebooted remotely the radio and still no available radios.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

This is strange. Is the radio new to you or did you buy it used? If used, it is possible that it remembered the previous owner's login information.

What I would do is while you are at home with your radio to follow Chapter 9 and link the radio to your own SmartLink account. This will undo any previous SmartLink credentials.

Opening a helpdesk ticket would be the next step.

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭

Thanks Mike, I opened helpdesk ticket. No the radio was bought new from Flex and has never had another smartlink user.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Did you share your SmartLink login with anyone?

It is a good practice to ensure that you never reuse a password as well (I am sure you already know that).

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭

Nope not shared with anyone. I think the radio or the power supply has died. I will have to make a trip to the mountain to find out. I cannot access it from the local PC at the site.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.