Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote Smartlink connection changes local use band

Previously when my 6600M was used with Smartlink remotely by a friend I just saw when he connected and when transmitting. Now when he connects my local connection moves to the same band and mode that the remote is on. I can then move to a different band but when he changes bands again the local connection is back on the same band as he just moved to. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for advice on how to fix this.
Ray K9RS
Tagged:

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Are you using FRStack or any other software connected to the radio?

• Ray
    Ray Member
    Not using anything else right now. I have been running N1MM and WSJT-X and leaving the local on 6 meter FT-8. After doing that for several months I noticed the local frequency changing whenever Smartlink was used. I then stopped running N1MM and WSJT-X thinking it might have been related but no luck. I am running v3.3.32.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

For some reason, the radio is doing as it is told, we just need to figure out who is telling it to do that.

When SmartLink is used at the same time, that is a MultiFlex session and is handled uniquely and isolated from the 1st session, just like having 2 radios.

It sounds like you have SmartSDR CAT on the SmartLink session associated with the 'client' of the local session. You can decide which client to connect to on this drop down.

In your case, you want to use the 'client' you are using on SmartLink. This is the name in the bottom of SmartSDR. It is called the Station Name. Free free to click on it to change the name in SmartSDR.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.