Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Backup Configuration does not work, any fix?

I am a new Flex user with a secondhand 6400. I reset the radio to factory defaults and have spent a few days using it and setting it up. Great rig.

I am having an issue with the "Backup Configuration" button in the radio settings. It stays on "Downloading Configuration" indefinitely. I've let it run for 15 minutes but no download occurs and I have to cancel out. Any tricks to getting this to work?

Best Answer

• Joe K7KCE
    Joe K7KCE Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Marcus got back to me. It may be a bug. He suggested to try it repeatedly until it works. It worked the 3rd time for me.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

This does work. What version of Windows are you using and is it 'up to date'?

• Joe K7KCE
    Joe K7KCE Member ✭✭
    I'm using SmartSDR for Mac, ver 2.1.0.6 which is the current version. It might be a bug but I'd thought I'd ask here first to make sure I'm not just doing something wrong. Firmware is 3.2.39, connecting over the my local network to the radio.
  • EmMSW
    EmMSW Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. Running MacOS 12.3.1 Monterey; and SmartSDR for Mac version 2.1.07, Firmware version 3.2.39.
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

you probably want to contact Marcus for the MAC version

• EmMSW
    EmMSW Member ✭✭
    I have contacted Marcus. I'll post any learnings here.
  • EmMSW
    EmMSW Member ✭✭
    It turns out the solution (work-around) is pretty simple, just cancel the first attempt and try it again. I was rewarded with an immediate request to choose a location in which to save the file. Which it did. Marcus said he'll look into why this is happening.

Emmett W9EMY