Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Black Screen and no HDMI connection Flex 6400M

PunchingPastor
PunchingPastor Member ✭✭
Good Morning,

I received my 6400M yesterday via UPS. Unfortunately, I did not receive a manual but can easily download one. I updated to the latest firmware. Unfortunately, after several reboots with the 6400M, I continue to get a black screen. The Smart SDR is working fine but no screen on the radio itself. Also, the HDMI out is not producing a screen on my 40" tv. I changed HDMI cables with no success. Would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Answers

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭

A blank screen does not sound very healthy at all. Is the 6400M new? Maybe raise a ticket with Flex either way?

At the very least, you should be able to access the MENU from the front screen......

Good luck. I hope it is only something simple and easy to resolve.

73 Mike.

• PunchingPastor
    PunchingPastor Member ✭✭
    Thanks Mike. I am hoping that it is something simple and I don't have to ship it back for repair. Maybe UPS threw the package around like a rag doll. I did put in a ticket with Flex yesterday.

wes
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@PunchingPastor

Make sure you are starting the radio up correctly.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.