Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

USB PTT foot-switch

2»

Comments

• mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Mike,

Thanks for getting back to me.   It's not rf as I have the pwr setting at 0 for testing.  I am testing it now on my lap top and have added the 20ms delay after the daxOff cat command and so far that seems to have worked.  If I cant duplicate it on my laptop then I have to think something is up with my usb driver on  my desktop. 

I am not there yet however.   Does Flex have any recommendation on  the use of FIFO buffers?  I currently have mine enabled but have the buffer setting at the minimum.  I am not sure if I buffers are needed as I am sending 14 chars * 256 for 3,584 bytes.  Also is there any issue with me editing the CAT config fie?  

The main reason I want to use USB is because DB-9 ports on lap tops are non existent today.   I will keep playing with it to try to get it more stable.  

I am still having fun with it.   
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited January 2020
    Hi Mike

I can't really say as I doubt we really exploited it.  I think they try to stay with the default unless there is a reason to change it.  Same is true with editing the CAT config file and I would not recommend doing it as it may complicate other debugging should we have to do that.

Mike
  • W2ENY
    W2ENY Member ✭✭

I've been using a foot switch thru USB/FTDI cable, works great.

Had to add a couple 102 caps to keep the RF demons away..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.