Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CAT will not automatically open

Steve Blankinship AG4SO
Steve Blankinship AG4SO Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in SmartSDR CAT

When I open SSDR, teh main screen and DAC opens but CAT will not, I have to manual open then manually connect to the radio. I have selected under CAT settings auto connect and on startup auto connect to last radio. And of course automatic network settings. Smartlink test is good. This has been going on for a couple of weeks. SSDR VER 2.7.6 with Windows 10 64 Bit pro. PC is a Dell Optiplex mini INTEL 3.2GHz,16GB. Thoughts/Suggestions?

Steve AG4SO

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Steve, I would start with a re-boot of the radio and PC. If that does not help, try exporting your profiles, and do a factory reset. If that does not help, then I would submit a help desk ticket.

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Steve:

Look at the settings menu on the CAT app. Verify that "Auto connect last radio" is checked. Maybe DAX is checked but the CAT is not.

My CAT and DAX auto start with SSDR but when using the Maestro I have to manually start both.

Gayle K0FLY

• Hi folks good thoughts, Gayle yes it is checked on both. Len have tried reboot of both, will try a factory reset next.

• No joy used the procedure posted by Tim some time back and same problem, unless anyone has another thought I will open a ticket.

Always grateful for folks taking time out to give advice.

Steve AG4SO

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Hi Steve... sounds like it's time to submit a Help Desk ticket.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Steve Blankinship AG4SO

As an FYI, resetting the radio won't help with getting CAT and DAT to automatically restart. If you have confirmed that the auto restart option is checked (look for the 'gear' symbol) then something in Windows is preventing it from happening.

In section 8.1, it shows how to make sure you have it set to Auto Connect.

Sometimes Antivirus programs get in the way.

• Thanks all were checked as you indicated Mike

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Ah, ok. Please open a support ticket.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.