Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I cannot get the IQ stream from my remote flex station

chuckchen
chuckchen Member ✭✭
I cannot get the IQ stream from my remote flex station, pls give me some advice, tnx!!
like the snap shot below
Tagged:

Comments

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

Same here,

The DAX-IQ channel is selected for the specific panadapter.

I'm not 100% sure but I think this happened after updating SmartSDR/SmartDAX

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I am running 3.3.29 (the latest) and can turn on the IQ stream by selecting the desired DAX channel in the desired panadapter. In this case, I have one panadapter open with DAXIQ Channel 1 selected. The corresponding DAX IQ Streams screen shows that it is indeed on and functioning.

If that is what you are already doing and still can't get it to work, you might want to try a factory reset after exporting your profiles. If that does not fix it, it is probably time to submit a helpdesk ticket.

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

The configuration is fine. It is working locally; it is not working using SmartLink. I'll investigate more tonight.

Tnx, Max

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Just be aware that the IQ stream over SmartLink is not supported due to the high volume of data it sends.

It might work or it might not work. Odds are that it will overrun your router if it is not something commercial.

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

Mike,

It makes sense to me. I just want to make sure nothing is wrong. The message 'No Panadapter' is a bit confusing, though.

73, Max

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

Just to confirm the IQ doesn't work for me using SmartLink. Tested from home last night with a fresh install and with the install which works locally. The message I get is the same reported by BH4FUO 'chuckchen': NO PANADAPTER.

Tested different IQ bitrates with the same result.

73, Max

• LA9VPA
    LA9VPA Member
    It is the same for me. I tested now but the report is: NO PANADAPTER. this has worked fine for me before. Discovered this when I was trying to set up skimmer. Works locally but not remote.
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

Thanks @LA9VPA.

Anyone testing with 3.2.39, please?

• BG0CAB
    BG0CAB Member
    From the last version 3.3.29 to the latest version 3.3.32, it has occurred that the remote access cannot open the IQ Streams Sample Rate, but the local operation is all normal. So far I haven't found any effective solution.
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

Any update on having IQ streams back while using SmartLINK?

Losing functionalities is a bit frustrating.

73, Max

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@N5NHJ

I checked with engineering and there is no plan to provide the IQ streams over SmartLink due to the impact it has on the required network communication speeds and corruption that happens on the IQ streams as they work their way across the internet.

While they appreciate that some of you were using IQ streams over SmartLink (less than 1% of the install base), it was causing many support cases from users who had it accidentally turned on and severely impacting their SmartLink operations due to corrupted communications due to packet loss and jitter delays.

If this is critical to you, then you may wish to run a VPN such as SoftEther which will allow full uncompressed communications between the end user and the radio by removing the SmartLink dependencies.

73 es HNY!

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

Thanks, Mike, for investigating this.

I completely understand the issue.

73, HNY

Max

• LA9VPA
    LA9VPA Member
    There is Raspberry PI with OpenVPN in bridge mode inside my remote network. I connect from the client side and everything looks fine. I`m running the SDR software v 3.4.21, the Dax stream work fine, but not the IQ stream. I can se the frequense, but there is no data. Its connectet to the radio and the channel has been enabled and connectet to the pan adapter. The text says: Streaming data at 0kbps. Data not arriving from radio -check firewall. The firewall is turned of. Has anyone done this before?
  • S53ZO
    S53ZO Member
    LA9VPA, exactly the same issue here as you described. Did you find out anything?
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

IQ DATA over SMARTLINK is NOT SUPPORTED.....

NEVER HAS BEEN...cause of internet bandwidth and data stream packet reassembly sequencing and latency required

yep i am shouting...this has been repeated here over and over

Paul K3SF

• S53ZO
    S53ZO Member
    Hi Paul, I will not shout back as my question was not about Smartlink but a VPN connection.

Simon, S53ZO
  • Chris WX7V
    Chris WX7V Member ✭✭

You should reread Mikes post from Jan 5. It was removed (disabled). For those that need the functionality back his recommendation from Jan 5:

“Use a VPN such as SoftEther which will allow full uncompressed communications between the end user and the radio by removing the SmartLink dependencies.”

• dankeboo
    dankeboo Member ✭✭

I understand that DAX IQ stream with Smarklink is not smart way - as it streaming sound data separately, duplicate from remote FlexRadio. As SmartSDR is already has the streaming data, is it passible that SliceMater to share the sound stream with SmartSDR instead of creating another streaming under SmartLink?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.