Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Does the Flex Control unit work on ios Mac?

I just my new Flex control unit and it doesn't seem work on my Mac. Is it only for windows?

Best Answer

Answers

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭

You have to enable the FlexControl via Tools->Controller->FlexControl.

I've sold my FlexControls long ago so I'm making the assumption that this works.

• wa6dkn
    wa6dkn Member ✭✭
    Thank you responding. I enable Fex Control in Tools and still doesn't work.
  • wa6dkn
    wa6dkn Member ✭✭
    It shows it is connected.
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭

I would attempt to use it with SmartSDR for Windows as a sanity check that the FlexControl is operational. If it is, I would connect it to the Mac (not the Flex radio) and reboot everything, Flex and Mac.

I believe you have to Edit the mapping in the FlexControl setup page and make the associated assignments.

I use the Midi Controller option and it works a charm ...

• MarkS
    MarkS Member ✭✭

Sometimes, although SmartSDR for Mac “sees” the USB Flex Control as being connected looking at the drop down menu, I have to physically disconnect the controller and plug it back in to have it operational. A reboot might do the same thing. It especially gets confused with I go between SmartSDR for Mac and SmartSDR for Windows (using Fusion Virtual Machine).

You probably tried this, but I thought I’d throw it out there. It definitely works.

Mark - wd9jen.

• wa6dkn
    wa6dkn Member ✭✭
    I got it working by changing selection to “usbModem14301” under device in Flex Control. Thanks for all the suggestions.
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭

I was going to suggest that except you mentioned the status showed 'connected'.

• rdwing
    rdwing Member ✭✭
    Can we get a direct answer? Does the Flexcontrol knob work on iOS? I can plug it in to my iPad Pro with a USB-C adapter, but can't seem to get it to work with SmartSDR.
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Direct Answer.

Does a Flex controller work on Mac Smart SDR? - yes.

See all of the responses above, for how to make it work.

Alan. WA9WUD

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Not quite direct enough ....

Does the Flexcontrol knob work on iOS?

They are asking about FlexControl working in iOS (on an iPad) not SmartSDR for Mac.

You can buy add-on tools that support several of the popular MIDI rotary tuning devices (Behringer...) and a snazzy Bluetooth control. I see no mention of the FlexControl.

• WC6Y
    WC6Y Member ✭✭

I think I have the same problem, for which none of the solutions above have worked. I'm transitioning from SmartSDR/Windows 10/ Parallels 11 / Macbook Pro Mojave to SmartSDR for Mac / Macbook Pro M1 Monterey and am trying to get FlexControl to come up in the new configuration. It is plugged in directly to the macbook using a USB-B to USB-C converter plug (the FlexControl & converter worked in the previous setup). Under FlexControl Settings Enabled is checked and Status is "Connected under Bluetooth-Incoming-Port". I've also tried everything with the only other option "USBmodem1101" to no avail) I edit the mapping as shown in the attached picture. Click done. Nothing works. Unplug and replug the FlexControl - nothing. Close and reopen SmartSDR for mac - nothing. Close everything and reboot the M1 - nothing. Ideas?

thanks,

Ken

• WC6Y
    WC6Y Member ✭✭

Problem fixed through fiddling and use of usbmodem1101 for device setting.