Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

XVTR and persistence of second panadapter

Hi all, I have noticed on 6400 and on 6400M that when you set Band=XVTR and you open the second panadapter all is ok. Unfortunately when you close and reopen SSDR it only opens the first panadapter. If you want the second panadapter you have to reopen it manually. It seems to me that there is no persistence of the second panadapter when Band is set to XVTR.

Anyone else experienced the same issue?

Thanks, 73

Alessandro i2sva

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Alessandro

I would use a Global Profile to reload the XVTR view you like as a work around. They save all these settings.

• Hi Mike

yes, no problem; I can save a global profile and reload it any time I switch on FR6400 or even simplier i can open the second panadapter (all parameters persists). That’s not a big problem, but it is not consistent with the way The 6xxx works in others bands. In our case I use a remote EME station (via Tesmviewer); since SSDR is in the second screen this means: opening SSDR-switching screen-opening the second panadapter-switching back to 1st screen.

thanks, best 73

Alessandro i2sva

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Why not connect to the Radio using SmartLink and run the client local to you and not try to use Teamview with its signal display?

You can run all your digital work on the PC local to the radio. This gives you the best of both worlds. It also takes a big load off the network data upstream.

I do this for contests, Satellite and other work.

• I have tested both configuration; you are right SmartLink is very nice in contest (CW and SSB) and very useful in standard working conditions. When doing EME on 23 cm we use both panadapters, one via DAX to WSJT-X and the second via DAX-IQ to MAP65. Moreover we need to take under control few other things (PA PWR OUT, PA TEMP, ANtenna Rotor, etc). After few weeks of test we have learned that the best way to do CW EME QSO is via SmartLink while the best way to do Digi QSO is controlling the full remote station using Teamviewer. You must also take in account the limited B/W and sometimes the latency of our ADSL lines (unfortunately..).

More info on how we use FlexRadio on 23cm EME here: www.alessandrovoltaemecomo.com

Thanks!

• Mike-VA3MW

I think we are saying the same thing.

Do everything at the remote end. At the same time, run SmartSDR (the user interface) remotely.

Even for digital modes, keep them at the remote as you are doing. Run the radio (vfo, etc) via SmartLink.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.