Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows 11

Dennis Wage
Dennis Wage Member ✭✭

Any known issues with Windows 11.

I have an issue where I am trying to get EasyPal to find DAX AUDIO TX and it's not listed.

DW

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Windows 11 works fine.

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭

Keep your windows 11 Registry clean, and all will be well with windows 11 and SmartSDR.

• N0EG
    N0EG Member ✭✭

@Mike-VA3MW - Windows 11 does NOT work fine on newer surface devices per support.

"Surface Laptops do not allow you to disable virtualization, therefore DAX is not able to load or run on these PCs due to a previously reported software defect. "

This issue has been logged as defect number: J8210

Pretty big gap.

Josh - N0EG

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭

I've got a Surface Pro7 with Win 11 and Smart SDR on it fully working. DAX and CAT work fine too.

Ran it with DXlog in CQ WPX RTTY a few weekends ago no problem.

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭

I run windows 11, with virtualization running and have had no problems with DAX or it’s drivers. Problems maybe localized issues.

• Mike_N1EN
    Mike_N1EN Member ✭✭

Just as an FYI, I got Win11 build 22581 through the Insider beta channel.

Windows Defender adds "memory integrity" protection...or it tries to, nagging the user about incompatible drivers.

Among those incompatible drivers: audiodax.sys, iqdax.sys, micaudiodax.sys, txdax.sys

(I have other amateur radio program-related drivers that also trigger the nag.)

Aside from not being able to use this new feature (or "feature"?), there appears to be no incompatibility.

• Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭

This appears to be the W11 requirements going forward, according to Windows news posts. I think they just flag vulnerable drivers though MS could, as they are prone to do, disable those drivers.

Perhaps just rumor.

I have no idea what this means to 3.2.39.

• neco
    neco Member
    I didn't have these problems after I updated to Win11.

Maybe I just got lucky. :)
  • John K0TG
    John K0TG Member ✭✭

I just got a Surface laptop and the DAX drivers failed to load.

Is there a fix for that? Should I open a ticket?

TNX es 73, John K0TG

• John K0TG
    John K0TG Member ✭✭

I just found the fix for a surface laptop. I recently got a Surface Style. The DAX drivers failed to load properly due to the Memory Integrity setting under the Core Isolation header. In my case I was not able to toggle this off. The note says you need Admin rights to switch it off. My login had admin rights, but I was still not able to toggle that option off.

I opened a ticket with Microsoft and they were able to allow this after a registry change.

Here is the Microsoft page about Core Isolation: Core isolation (microsoft.com)

Follow these steps to make the registry change:

Regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

SYSTEM

Control

DeviceGuard

Scenarios

HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity

Change REG_DWORD from 1 to 0

Then go back and toggle the switch in Core Isolation.

I am going to try to watch if they ever fix this. I would like that option on as it does give some protection.

• GaryF
    GaryF Member
    I have the same problem. I just purchased a new Dell Desktop and tried loading the latest drivers with Flex software version 3,3.33. I was able to toggle the core isolation off so DAX would load. It seems to me that I am more vulnerable to hackers now. That's why we buy the latest versions of protection and keep our computers updated. Can someone at Flex update the driver to something that will pass the red flag test so we can toggle our memory integrity back on? We need to keep our computers as secure as we have the technology for and not have to bypass it.

Am I missing something here? Thanks. Gary F. 73, N0AJN
  • Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

I am curious. How prevalent are attacks on system cores through Windows 11 or earlier versions? I have been online for years with various flavors of Windows upto and including, Windows 11 and have never experienced a hack that could attack the system core. I do keep my Anti-virus and firewall software up to date. Plus,I allow Windows updates to occur as well. Maybe I have been lucky.

James

WD5GWY

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Especially if the computer is dedicated to the flex and. Not used for other web activity.

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭

Same problem here on new Dell desktop. Windows 11 Home and can't locate the core isolation page in order to try flipping the bit to turn the memory isolation off. Looks like the driver needs some work to keep current.

• In Windows 11, to workaround the DAX and other driver incompatibilities, there is no need to mess with the registry. In Windows Security --> Device Security --> Core Integrity turn off Memory Integrity and then restart the computer. Of course, it would be nice if FlexRadio fixes the driver to be compatible with the enhanced security of Windows 11, but at least this workaround lets the drivers load.

-- Peter W3SPA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.