Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

microHAM CW Keyer

Val  DM1TX
Val DM1TX Member ✭✭

Hi

I am trying to use a paddle connected to a microHAM CW keyer, locally connected to my PC while radio is in another room. WKFlex is a cool solution but comes with a slight delay.

I love using directly a paddle or a straight key and not a very big fan of computer generated CW :-)

Is anybody else experimenting or using this scenario?

Thanks

Best Answers

Answers

• Val  DM1TX
    Val DM1TX Member ✭✭

I understand that drawback Mike. It is OK. It is working as expected.

I am just wondering if I really need the microHAM CW keyer or should I look at some other solutions.

I read somewhere about Serial over TCP. Would be possible to connect the Paddle this way?

I think this is a constant hunting for solutions to send CW with a paddle/key from your PC when the radio sit somewhere else in the world. CWX works fine but I tend to send faster from my paddle as I type :-)

I know you are more informed than us the "mortals" :-) about anything Flex Radio wise.

Any new ideas?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.