SmartSDR v3.3.32 and the SmartSDR v3.3.32 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.8.0 and the SmartSDR v2.8.0 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes
Power Genius XL Utility v3.6.24 and the Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.6.24
Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.8 and the Tuner Genius XL Release Notes v1.1.8
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
I’m having bad RFI with my 6400.
Any suggestions for RFI kits? I found this…
It’s $110 shipped
Palomar Engineers Flex Radio 6500/6600/6700 Transceiver RFI Kit, RFI Range 1-60 Mz, 12 Filters
Flex Radio 6000 series RFI kit is designed to be installed on your radio transceiver to reduce Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) causéd by common mode current on the coax output (2) of your radio, the AC/DC power cable, mic input, USB transverter RX/TX, speaker, ethernet I/O, and flex wire I/O, and ALC/PTT.
This kit will help reduce or eliminate:
1. “Hot mic” RFI causéd by poor grounding of antennas or common mode currents from linear amps feeding unbalanced (coax fed) antennas without baluns/line isolators.
2. RFI to neighbor’s electronic devices including audio/video systems, computers, telephones, garage door openers, etc.
3. RFI to your other radios, audio/video systems, computers, telephones, etc.
A side benefit is a reduction in noise floor in your receiver depending on the amount of noise being introduced by common mode currents (which are blocked/reduced by the chokes in this kit).
These chokes use a special mix of ferrite core material that is effective in suppressing radio frequency interference from transmitters and high noise floor on receivers.
The split beads beads are easy to use, don’t require modification of the protected equipment and work in almost all cases, even when plug-in filters fail.
Use of the chokes often helps cure SWR problems between transceiver and a linear amp and between transceiver and antenna tuner or direct to antenna. The DC power line choke helps keep common mode current out of the power line which could cause interference to other devices connected to the same power line if not suppressed.
This kit includes 5 ring filters (ID=1.4") and 7 1/2" ID split beads and installation instructions.
For additional RFI suppression, use a feed line choke at the antenna feed point to suppress common current on the coax feed line and a coax noise filter at the radio end of the coax to reduce common mode noise.
If you use a linear amplifier use an amplifier RFI kit for additional RFI interference suppression.
Leave a Comment
- 18.7K All Categories
- 137 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 294 The Flea Market
- 6.3K Software
- 5.4K SmartSDR for Windows
- 94 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 218 SmartSDR for Mac
- 188 SmartSDR for iOS
- 181 SmartSDR CAT
- 116 DAX
- 321 SmartSDR API
- 7.9K Radios and Accessories
- 6.4K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 636 Maestro
- 30 FlexControl
- 779 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 432 Genius Products
- 252 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 156 Tuner Genius XL
- 24 Antenna Genius
- 123 Shack Infrastructure
- 78 Networking
- 215 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 93 Contesting
- 316 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 88 Amateur Radio Interests
- 600 Third-Party Software