Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No monitor on N1MM DVK?

Hi,

I am new to using a FLEX-6400 with V3.2.39, mainly for phone contesting.
It seems that when the N1MM voice messages are played over DAX, the monitor function is muted.
My headphones are connected in the back of the radio.
When connecting the headphones to the computer it works but with an annoying delay.

I have searched the Community and similar issues are reported but I did not find a conclusion.

So my question is, is there a solution, setting or work around for this issue?
I would be interested in how other phone contester are dealing with this.

Thanks in advance and 73, Bert PA1BK
Tagged:

Answers

• Pat KØPC
    Pat KØPC Member ✭✭

I think I had to enable Full Duplex (FDX) in order to hear the voice messages over the monitor.

73, Pat KØPC

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

FDX does not need to be enabled for Monitor to work.

MON should work as described and it worked for me on the weekend with headphones plugged into the back of the radio. This allowed me to hear my voice keyer messages being sent by N1MM. You do need to have MON button enabled. I was using 3.2.39.

You could try rebooting the radio and SmartSDR to see if it starts to work.

• Thank you both for answering.

I believe FDX is only useful for testing your TX audio.

I just found out that using VOX is causing this issue.
    When VOX is switched OFF, I can hear the voice keyer messages also.
    Can they not work together by design?

73, Bert
  • Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭

VOX override of DAX not working has been an issue going back to SSDR 2.49. I am using 2.4.10 and it does not work there either. See https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/7818025/switching-between-digital-audio-source-and-voice-audio for an earlier report on this. I don't operate a lot of phone but when I do in a contest, I turn off VOX and use the footswitch when I want to TX mic audio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.