Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX and CAT

Any chance we could get the option to minimize the DAX and CAT windows to the system tray. Once they're set you really don't need to look at them again.

They just clutter up my work flow.

2 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Dennis, mine are minimized unless I restore them. I think if you minimize them, they should minimize automagically next time you start SmartSDR (assuming that you are using SmartSDR...).

• Dennis Wage
    Dennis Wage Member ✭✭

I am not talking about simple minimize. I am talking about permanent placement in the System Tray.

You can still EASILY click on it to change settings. It's just completely out of the way. You never EVER need to see DAX or CAT after it's set up. I use ALT-TAB to scroll and select my app. DAX and CAT are just clutter. I know this is a complicated suggestion, but coders know how to do this.

• Dennis Wage
    Dennis Wage Member ✭✭

Same goes for this. Why is it there? It's does absolutely nothing. It's clutter.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited November 2021

You mean like this?

Here is a list of them. Pick one you like. Just don't forget you did it when you can't find it.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/send-windows-programs-to-system-tray/

And, while you are at it, check out Window Virtual Desktops. I use this all the time. I have work windows and ham radio windows.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/virtual-desktops-how-to-use-multiple-desktops-in-windows-10/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.