Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Which 'DAX Audio RX 1 (... should be selected?

W0MPM John
W0MPM John Member ✭✭

As in the attached screenshot when selecting DAX Audio RX ... for Fldigi PortAudio 4 possible variations are available. From the list immediately displayed and again from a list in MME devices, or again from Windows DirectSound device, or finally from Windows WDM-KS devices. Are they the same device(s) or different? I suspect my playing around with these is the cause of my present difficulties with a permanent device always starting at 100% volume and overloading Fldigi.

Thanks, John

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

Assuming you have the Flex slice audio set for Dax 1, you should be using “DAX Audio RX 1” - that is the client side of the audio device pair.

• W0MPM John
    W0MPM John Member ✭✭

Ted, thanks for the response.

Got the 6400 working with FLdigi now, but I'm trying to understand in more detail what is it I'm looking at. Not the least because I may have messed things up initially by selecting the wrong device from the list. My point was intended to be there is more than one "DAX Audio RX 1 ..." in the FLdigi drop-dow menu. There are four places I can select "DAX Audio RX1...". One in the 'main' list. And one in each of the three sublists as shown in the screenshot. Total of four places. I don't know if these are four redundant instances leading to the same device. Or four installations of the same device. Or Four slightly different devices. What would be the effect of selecting each different device? Is there a single right answer?

Thanks

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

I believe it’s the one with “(FlexRadio Systems DAX audio)” after it, John. I use Windows only infrequently, preferring Mac and Linux.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

This video explains how DAX and CAT work. It might help you out.

Do not use anything with the word 'reserved' in it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.