Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Antenna Genius is there a simple Remote app to control the AG without use of Node-Red?

I simply want a tool set like the one with PGXL

where I can control the Antenna Genius while operating away from my shack

I do not want an elaborate tools set that I would have to build like Node-Red

Just a simple app, please

Steve KG5VK

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

The only tool available now is the Windows Antenna Genius application that is for Windows only.

The AG will follow the radio based on band assignments and the last antenna selected for the band and it will do this without the PC software running.

Today, the only solution available is a customized NodeRed solution or to do a remote desktop connection to PC that has the AG software. While this sounds difficult it is a very practical method for long term remote optional and it helps build a foundation for the longer term for your remote radio operation.

tldr; No, not at this time.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Node Red can run on a Pi on your network and is simple to get up and running. The flows for the Flex radio, Power Genius and Tuner Genius, as well as the 4O3A 2x8 switch are already written and you only need to set IP addresses. I can control the amp and tuner from my smartphone.

You can make the Node Red dash as simple or as detailed as needed.

Dave wo2x

• Thanks guys I will sit down in a week or so and get some Node-Red work done

Cheers!

Steve

KG5VK

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Let us know if you need help. The Node Red for Ham Radio group has a WiKi for setting up Node Red server on a Pi. Also we have a file section that has a good Antenna Genius flow (think of programming instructions for Node Red). Conny, N5HC and I wrote it.

Dave wo2x

• Dave

Thank you

steve kg5vk

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.