Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CAT won't load on W10

I have bought a new W10 PC (Intel NUC Extreme I7).

I have loaded SmartSDR .39. For some reason the CAT program wont load, I have told Smart SDR to load CAT and DAX, DAX loads fine and I can use 6600 on the LAN. But when I manually click on CAT it starts to load and then does noting. I removed all and did a new install but same issue.

Any ideas please as it prevents me from getting the radio to talk to N1MN and HRD etc.

VK5CP

Comments

• drlocke
    drlocke Member
    [{"insert":"Mine is doing the same thing! I'm guessing it's some kind of Win 10 safety/security thing preventing it. I tried it with my anti-virus turned off but same nothing.\n"}]
  • Robby
    Robby Member ✭✭

Try this:

Intel has posted a new graphics driver today to replace the BETA version from June 8th.

I have installed it and it seems OK. I had some issues with the install due to windows defender deciding that the exe was a dangerous file. So I downloaded the zip version, unzipped it and did the install.

SSDR is running without problems. I can't test it with games as I don't have any.

This new driver corrects bugs in the original and also fixes a graphics problems in the intel 11th generation processors.

You should check the release notes and ensure your processor version is on the list. Find your processor version in settings/system/about.

Robby/HP3SS

• drlocke
    drlocke Member
    Chris VK5CP,
    I located the file FlexVCPinstaller.exe and ran it. CAT then loaded without problem.
    GL 73
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

If you are still having an issue, please open a support ticket. We can sort it out for you pretty quickly and with less frustration and guessing. We don't want you to make the situation worse.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.